PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree but 49ers would never agree to that deal. Why would they?
Yeah i think so as well, I first thought if that was a joke and i just didn't get the joke
They can only afford that with another QB in line and maybe only a better CB away from SB contending but they need O-Line and Safety as well

I'd prefer we keep Gilly because the D is better with him but I don't think he wants to play for $7m and I don't think BB is moving off that number for a 31year old CB.
Like your ideas Cousin. I have three that would make my 2021 Trade/Draft/FA season (plus a bonus).

1-Gilmore and a 5th to Cleveland for OBJ and Njoku (one year rental on him)

2-Cannon and a 4th for Orlando Brown Jr. (young cheap plug and play LT and the Ravens need a RT)

3-Neal...just hear me out before you scoff......and our 3rd Rounder for big time cash strapped Saints to give us Cam Jordan and Michael Thomas. Big numbers on both but we can fit it.

So we get Two top end WR if OBJ is healthy, a young starting LT and Wynn was mediocre and hurt a lot, a key D lineman who can rush too and a TE we can keep our eyes on for a year.....Plus we exchange some CAP.

Last "Bonus Round".....three firsts and a 2nd for Russell Wilson or Watson. We are not great at 1sts anyway,
DW Toys

Like your ideas Cousin. I have three that would make my 2021 Trade/Draft/FA season (plus a bonus).

2-Cannon and a 4th for Orlando Brown Jr. (young cheap plug and play LT and the Ravens need a RT)

3-Neal...just hear me out before you scoff......and our 3rd Rounder for big time cash strapped Saints to give us Cam Jordan and Michael Thomas. Big numbers on both but we can fit it.

So we get Two top end WR if OBJ is healthy, a young starting LT and Wynn was mediocre and hurt a lot, a key D lineman who can rush too and a TE we can keep our eyes on for a year.....Plus we exchange some CAP.

Last "Bonus Round".....three firsts and a 2nd for Russell Wilson or Watson. We are not great at 1sts anyway,
DW Toys
I heard a potential trade...

Cards get:
Nkeal Harry

Patriots get:
Andy Isabella

Cards get:
Nkeal Harry

Patriots get:
Andy Isabella
That would be a terrible trade for Arizona. I’m all for it, though.

You may be one of the few that believes this. However, if by some miracle Belichick manages to get the team into the AFCCG this season, he deserves to be Coach of the Year.
Every team is competing for a SB.

I don’t understand this sentiment when half of the team isn’t here yet. They can literally upgrade half of the starters and half if the reserves from last years 7-9 team. Wouldn’t you like to know who the players in the 2021 are going to be before you decide what kind of a team it will be?

This isn’t a normal off season with a few moves. This is the most resources available to improve the team than any off season Belichick has ever had, by a lot.

Hate to say it but he should retire for his health.
He's had multiple concussions and facing knee replacement surgery and god knows what else once he's out.

Is it worth ~$3m-$5m to play in 2021?

I can't even imagine his thought process as he evaluates his life.

Can I live life as a kinda-disabled or be richer but be completely disabled?

Ugh.

Every team is competing for a SB.

I don’t understand this sentiment when half of the team isn’t here yet. They can literally upgrade half of the starters and half if the reserves from last years 7-9 team. Wouldn’t you like to know who the players in the 2021 are going to be before you decide what kind of a team it will be?

This isn’t a normal off season with a few moves. This is the most resources available to improve the team than any off season Belichick has ever had, by a lot.
Well not every team. Some teams go into rebuilding mode.

I know but because we'll have so many new players there's liable to be communication problems, plus we don't yet have a QB. I also believe it won't be as easy to get talent over here thru FAcy, draft is a crap shoot.

Look, if BB puts together a playoff contender from the scraps we have through FAcy, the draft + trades then I'll happily eat crow. I'm trying to temper my hopefulness.

Well not every team. Some teams go into rebuilding mode.

I know but because we'll have so many new players there's liable to be communication problems, plus we don't yet have a QB. I also believe it won't be as easy to get talent over here thru FAcy, draft is a crap shoot.

Look, if BB puts together a playoff contender from the scraps we have through FAcy, the draft + trades then I'll happily eat crow. I'm trying to temper my hopefulness.
Rebuilding or not every team prepares and takes the field to win and compete for a SB. It’s why they play the games.

Ok but I don’t understand not being hopefully with such a unique opportunity staring at this team this off season.
It’s like some people just revel in the negatives and almost hope for them so they can justify their negativity and fear success. I’ve never seen people like this fan base. They act like life is good when you complain about every thing sucking but when things are going great they have to be the first one to predict demise. Really bizarre.

This I wouldn't mind. If Gilmore wants out, trade him for equal player value, not a pick. Given Bill's history the last 6-7 years, I don't have any confidence he will be able to find a player that matches Gilmore's production.

However, Pats need a QB first.

Speaking of Titans moving to NE..

I wonder if BB is willing to take this reclamation project who could pay big dividends for very low risk.
6'7-350 athletic mountain - on the field he could be a perfect RT prospect for BB and Pats offense.
Cajuste is ready to go finally and OT draft class is loaded, but this could be a very cheap solution for some serious RT TC competition.

A swap of D3 picks or straight 6-rd could seal the deal acc. to some sources. Signed through 2023 + 5y option.

Very immature/irresponsible start of NFL career but his former coaches say totally out of character.
Maybe Boston/Foxboro structure is what the kid needs. He has two very mature senior Georgia dogs here to help out.

Fountaine and Pittman (ex-coaches) each insisted that the rookie's issues of this season have been out of character for the young man they knew.

“I just think sometimes when you play at these big programs at Georgia, you’re so structured,” Fountaine said. “Your life is on a spreadsheet. … He’s got some freedom and has some money. I don’t know. He’s not making great decisions, but he was never, never an issue while he was here.”

That’s similar to what I’ve been hearing about Wilson all year from those who knew him prior to the NFL: He’s not a bad guy. He is social and outgoing. He’s basically “like a big kid,” Fountaine said, remembering the SpongeBob SquarePants backpack that Wilson had.

Hey JJ Watt, pick a damn team already! We need something to talk about.

I'd prefer we keep Gilly because the D is better with him but I don't think he wants to play for $7m and I don't think BB is moving off that number for a 31year old CB.
I have no doubt in my mind that Belichick will bump Gilmore's contract just like he did last year. He may make the bonus contingent on the number of games that Gilmore can play.

Ok but I don’t understand not being hopefully with such a unique opportunity staring at this team this off season.
It’s like some people just revel in the negatives and almost hope for them so they can justify their negativity and fear success. I’ve never seen people like this fan base.
Well that's not me. I hope I'm dead wrong. If I am, I'll be the 1st to admit it. I'd much rather have team win than be right. That's stupid.

I'm just trying to be objective and truly believe we have too many holes. But I've also said, let's wait and see how it goes. You're making me feel guilty for not being more hopeful, so I'll keep an open mind, how's that.

Cards get:
Nkeal Harry

Patriots get:
Andy Isabella
That reminds me of when the Pats traded Bethel Johnson to the Saints for Jonathan Sullivan. 1 bust for another bust wasn't exciting then and wouldn't be now either.

That reminds me of when the Pats traded Bethel Johnson to the Saints for Jonathan Sullivan. 1 bust for another bust wasn't exciting then and wouldn't be now either.
Where do you get that Isabella is a bust?

He's like their #4 receiver currently. He's got Christian Kirk, DeAndre Hopkins and Larry Fitzgerald ahead of him at WR. So, please explain how Isabella is a "bust". Please keep in mind that you have a Hall of Fame WR in Hopkins and one in Fitzgerald there ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes