PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only way I'd do this is if they're sending Warner and their 1st round pick while sending Bentley to them.. Warner would instantly fill a need at LB.

As for the people talking about Hightower leaving, if he's willing to talk about restructuring his contract, do you really think he's planning on retiring?

Saying Watson wants the coach chosen "for social justice" is the most embarrassingly disingenuous thing anyone has posted here in a long time. FYI, the coach he's mad about them hiring is black. He's mad because the new guy sucks at coaching and wants a chance to win.

If you don't understand the football reasons why Watson wants out, I don't know what to tell you. All I know is the Texans aren't going anywhere with this "Patriots South" movement and Watson knows it too.
Your post is nothing but speculation.

I continue to be curious as to why reporters are pushing a "What Deshaun wants..." agenda. Watson just signed a long-term extension. He's not going anywhere unless the Texans want him to. If Watson sits out, his contract tolls, fines accrue, bonus money can be retrieved, and the team will probably pick higher in the draft as a result.

I don’t believe it unless Gilmore is looking to set the bar in pay
You mean you'd be surprised if Gilmore wants more than $7M to play in 2021?

Im ok with trading Gilmore, since I don't think he is going to be around when the next SB contending Patriots team comes around. But, BB better not be giving discounts to his buddy Lynch again like he did with Jimmy G. We need as many assets as we can get our hands on.

You mean you'd be surprised if Gilmore wants more than $7M to play in 2021?
No of course he deserves more salary for his elite play.
I’m saying if he wants to blow top cornerback money out of the water then we should move on.

I think we need to trade Gilmore personally. It's in the best interests of the team. If you let him play out the year then you lose him for nothing - and we aren't competing for a Super Bowl next year anyway. Extending him seems like a bad investment for a 30 year old corner - and he dramatically loses trade value after this year. Not to mention the chance of him holding out and then having to trade him in August at a lower value.

Gets some picks and try and hit in the draft. If someone offers a 2nd and 4th or something, I'd happily move him.

Ideally GB gives up their late 1st.

Maybe Phila at 37 or SF 43? 49ers definitely have SB hopes. Phila might think they can put something together and haven't had a legit CB in 12 years.

Vegas at 48? Again SB hopes.

I think a few teams would have to think about giving up a 2nd for him.

He's still a tremendous player. He had a really good year last year after an unbelievable one the previous year. He still has 2-3 years of top 10-12 play left.

Considering we won't be competing for a SB at earliest, 2 years. Could be a lot longer. It makes sense.
How are the raiders SB contenders and the patriots are years away?

I think we need to trade Gilmore personally. It's in the best interests of the team. If you let him play out the year then you lose him for nothing - and we aren't competing for a Super Bowl next year anyway. Extending him seems like a bad investment for a 30 year old corner - and he dramatically loses trade value after this year. Not to mention the chance of him holding out and then having to trade him in August at a lower value.

Gets some picks and try and hit in the draft. If someone offers a 2nd and 4th or something, I'd happily move him.
Of course we are competing for a SB. That is why you play. We have a once in a generation level of resources this off season. We aren’t going to use it to say we can’t win so let’s not try

Gilmore is in the final year of his contract and has the highest cap number on the roster. NE can save 7 million trading. He turns 31 this year.

BB typically moves a guy with a season or two left in him. SF 49ers John Lynch and BB have done business in the past and It appears they respect each other. 49ers draft slot in rounds is @ 12.

Trade Gilmore for picks that will help NE win this season. Take Pat Surtain Jr. at # 15 if he really is as good as billed. Saban can confirm. Youre quite possibly getting a Revis/ Ty Law type CB at the front of his career on a cheap rookie 4 year deal. Depending on how much he wants maybe you can keep Thuney. Its win - win to move Gilmore.

Gilmore is in the final year of his contract and has the highest cap number on the roster. NE can save 7 million trading. He turns 31 this year.

BB typically moves a guy with a season or two left in him. SF 49ers John Lynch and BB have done business in the past and It appears they respect each other. 49ers draft slot in rounds is @ 12.

Trade Gilmore for picks that will help NE win this season. Take Pat Surtain Jr. at # 15 if he really is as good as billed. Saban can confirm. Youre quite possibly getting a Revis/ Ty Law type CB at the front of his career on a cheap rookie 4 year deal. Depending on how much he wants maybe you can keep Thuney. Its win - win to move Gilmore.
49ers get:
-Gilmore
-7th Rounder
Patriots get:
- Jimmy G
- 2nd Rounder

Who is our mole in Gillette this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey