PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this Jonnus contract? Where did you find it?
It’s a projection of his contract to illustrate how cap numbers in the 1st year can be substantially lower than the AAV of these contracts.

I did a rough estimate that the cumulative AAV on the deals agreed to so far is around $70 million. With that figure, it is very conceivable that the cumulative cap charge could be less that $35 million leaving the Pats with roughly $30 million of cap space.

Just playing with figures, but it shows they should still have room to make more moves depending on their QB plans.

Rumor is that Andrews has narrowed his options down to Miami and NE.

Why, Nick? Why?

I get that Caserio has a NE connection, but one would think they would note that Rivers was a Ram last season, instead of implying he was signed away from the Pats.

I get that Caserio has a NE connection, but one would think they would note that Rivers was a Ram last season, instead of implying he was signed away from the Pats.

I think the point they want to make is that Caserio was involved in the evaluation process that resulted in us picking Rivers. So Caserio is just plucking together some players he thought highly off but that failed for whatever reasons.

In other organizations you'd say that Caserio as GM picked him.

I forgot he even left, my brain just assumed he was on IR last year again. Not much of a difference.

Rumor is that Andrews has narrowed his options down to Miami and NE.
I’m hoping he remembers the lesson of KVN in this decision. It seems like Brian Flores is a fickle guy. 3 OCs in 3 seasons.

I’m hoping he remembers the lesson of KVN in this decision. It seems like Brian Flores is a fickle guy. 3 OCs in 3 seasons.
Don't be overpaid in a year where the league's cap takes a huge hit because of an unforeseen pandemic?

It’s a projection of his contract to illustrate how cap numbers in the 1st year can be substantially lower than the AAV of these contracts.

I did a rough estimate that the cumulative AAV on the deals agreed to so far is around $70 million. With that figure, it is very conceivable that the cumulative cap charge could be less that $35 million leaving the Pats with roughly $30 million of cap space.

Just playing with figures, but it shows they should still have room to make more moves depending on their QB plans.

I have them a bit lower - dont see them extremely backloading - not what they need or normally do - id guess they'd prefer flexibility for possible restructures later..

In any case agreed that theres plenty of cap left..

Bunch of teams probably focusing on freeing up cap space or getting below the cap with releases, restructures and extensions before tomorrow's deadline. More of these type of deals today than new contracts is likely.

These big name players should just sign a one year deal knowing the cap will go up next year.

Sign Rodney Hudson right FREAKING now, tell mount Trent to convince his buddy what an absolutely filthy Oline we would have with that bad man

I have them a bit lower - dont see them extremely backloading - not what they need or normally do - id guess they'd prefer flexibility for possible restructures later..

In any case agreed that theres plenty of cap left..
They may extreme backload this year to fit in more players and account for future cap increases being larger than normal (because this years is so low).

Why did the Raiders release a top center?

This is great. Hopefully it makes the Dolphins give up going after Andrews and lowers his cost
No hopefully it makes them sweeten the pot so we can sign Hudson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots