PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 QB prospects.

Redman443

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
i know Rosen and darnold will be off the table once we pick so with that being said, I like Luke Faulk from Washington state or maybe mason Rudolph from Oklahoma state. I would say baker mayfield but he doesn’t strike me as a Belichick player because of his attitude and ego.

WalterFootball.com: 2018 NFL Draft: Quarterback Rankings

Who do you guys like?

QB can be addressed 2-3 years from now. Brady is playing until he's 45. This defense needs all the help it can get in the top rounds. Especially after some whiffs in rounds 1-2 and/or guys who couldn't make it to a 2nd contract. If they can find an overlooked QB in rounds 4-7, go ahead & grab him.

Lauletta from Richmond. Loves lacrosse and his family are Navy. Oh, and because he's pretty damn accurate and seems to make good decisions. I'm biased, though, because I'm a Spider alumni.

QB can be addressed 2-3 years from now. Brady is playing until he's 45. This defense needs all the help it can get in the top rounds. Especially after some whiffs in rounds 1-2 and/or guys who couldn't make it to a 2nd contract. If they can find an overlooked QB in rounds 4-7, go ahead & grab him.

The worst time to get a QB is when you desperately need one, i would rather get multiple chances at it before he's needed you're assuming they instantly draft a guy who can play.

If they are confident they find a guy who can be a high quality starter in 3-4 years then no price is too high plus at age 41 any bad injury for Brady is almost a career ender.

The worst time to get a QB is when you desperately need one, i would rather get multiple chances at it before he's needed you're assuming they instantly draft a guy who can play.

If they are confident they find a guy who can be a high quality starter in 3-4 years then no price is too high plus at age 41 any bad injury for Brady is almost a career ender.
He wouldn’t start right away. The idea would be to groom him for a year or two

We become the only team to ever put up 600 yards in a professional football game and lose last night and we wanna talk about QBs?

• Winner
Reactions: TBR
I'm gonna stick with this Brady guy for a few more years. If the right guy is there especially in the late 2nd rd on then take him but those first 2 picks should go on defense. Plus any major free agents should on defense too.

On offense all we really need is Gronk, Solder, and 1 of the free agent RBs back.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR

The best time to draft a Qb is when you think your guy is on the board. Like Jimmy was.

The best time to draft a Qb is when you think your guy is on the board. Like Jimmy was.
Worded perfectly
I trust BB won't reach for a QB prospect this year, awful class

Lauletta from Richmond. Loves lacrosse and his family are Navy. Oh, and because he's pretty damn accurate and seems to make good decisions. I'm biased, though, because I'm a Spider alumni.

I'm a big fan too.

If I had the choice of anyone in this QB class, I would take Josh Rosen every single time. His mechanics are superb, he's smart and he's played in a pro-style offense for 3 years. My one reservation is that he's a bit of a gunslinger, and you've got to be ok with him throwing the occasional stupid interception.

But since Rosen isn't an option, I think I take Lauletta on Day 1 or Day 2, depending on how Bill feels about him.

All of the other QBs in the draft class are horrendously flawed, and you'd be better off drafting blue-chip talent at other positions.

Falk, Lauletta, White and Woodside are all high potential QB's in my opinion, that will be available in the later rounds.

IMO
White --> excellent arm (short, mid, deep) with good touch. Good anticipation of WR. Pro style.
Lamar Jackson --> above-average arm. Quick release. Has speed as a RB.
Falk --> average arm. Deep throws loses velocity. Not anticipating where WR will be.
Lauletta --> weak arm. Antsy in pocket. Good showing in Senior Bowl. But...

We become the only team to ever put up 600 yards in a professional football game and lose last night and we wanna talk about QBs?

Don't forget that Hightower and Rivers will be back. Wise didn't play much either, which Id assume had something to do with effects from the concussion (conditioning perhaps?).

We definitely need to address with front 7, but with 4 picks in the first 3 rounds, there's no reason to ignore QB.

Grabbing one now allows that person to learn the offense and develop. Drafting a young guy gives you some level.of security of Brady falls off a cliff in 2 years.

Put me in the Falk camp at the end of Round 2. He's tough, accurate, has a quick release, and can go through his progressions. Certainly he has some flaws, but so did Brady coming out. Giving him 1-3 years to get stronger and more consistent with his mechanics and I think you have a very good Qb.

If Lamar Jackson is there when we are picking we would be stupid not to pick him up. Has a ridiculously powerful Arm, very quick release. Is very good in the short and intermediate throws but will need to improve his deep throws. Has very good touch throws that he doesn't get credited for in my opinion. He's more of a passer than a runner if you watch a lot of film on him. I'd Happily take him with our first pick all day.

He's in my top 3 QB's in this draft.

Lauletta --> weak arm. Antsy in pocket. Good showing in Senior Bowl. But...

Do you have an example of that weak arm or antsy in pocket ? Most other people have loved his footwork and decision making so I am curious if you can point me to some videos that give a more complete picture.

Do you have an example of that weak arm or antsy in pocket ? Most other people have loved his footwork and decision making so I am curious if you can point me to some videos that give a more complete picture.

There is some consensus (if you google scout reports). But, this is from NFL draft:

2018 NFL Draft Profile: KYLE LAULETTA

Of course all of these scouts can be wrong.. But...

This is a guy that I like a lot. The accuracy impressed me a lot. I think accuracy and intangibles are the most important tools a qb brings to the huddle.

In a lot of ways this guy is jimmy g three years ago.

Lauletta doesn't have a big arm. Film/highlights clearly show that. That doesn't mean I wouldn't draft him. If he's there in the later rounds you take him. As a matter of fact, i'd take 2 qb's in this draft. Drop Hoyer and carry 3.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back