PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Patriots Practice Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather have Eric Lee than Trent Harris. I have to ass-ume that Detroit offered more to Lee than the NEP did; otherwise...?

For Lee, it was either more money or an easier path to the active roster. I don't know what the Lions depth chart looks like.

Last edited:
Cyrus Jones was eligible for our practice squad but according to Reiss.... the patriots and Cyrus needed a break up. What an awful draft pick from day 1.

Valentine a 3rd round pick only on the practice squad in year 3?

Embarrassing these 2-3rd round picks of 3 years ago are only practice squad level...

You draft players in rounds 2-3 to become key starters

A 3rd round draft pick in year 3 is only practice squad level? How is that good?

Everyone ahead of him on the depth chart should have been picked in the first two rounds. ;)

A 3rd round draft pick in year 3 is only practice squad level? How is that good?
Has the roster been good enough to make the AFC championship every year? If so why do care what RD or how we got the guy. These guys not making the team is not an automatic indication of poor drafting way more of an indication on how difficult it actually is to make this team.

Cyrus Jones was eligible for our practice squad but according to Reiss.... the patriots and Cyrus needed a break up. What an awful draft pick from day 1.

Valentine a 3rd round pick only on the practice squad in year 3?

Embarrassing these 2-3rd round picks of 3 years ago are only practice squad level...

You draft players in rounds 2-3 to become key starters

I'm under the impression that drafting is a difficult, inexact science. Given that it is an important (but only one) tool in the ongoing team building/improvement process, I'd have to say that the Pats are probably better than most of the other 31 teams. To me, their record in the last two decades would suggest this., especially when they are drafting at the bottom of each round every year.

Last edited:
For Lee, it was either more money or an easier path to the actove roster. I dont know what the Lions depth chart looks like.

Last I checked, it looked to me like they could use enough help on their front-six that even Lee might be an upgrade in a rotational role.

He is still injured.

Hasn't Langi been banged up?

That's what's odd. My last Camp note on Langi was a report that he left practice early on August 9th (yes, way back then) - with a kidney laceration that was expected to keep him out 4+ weeks. Then yesterday, when I saw the first report that he'd been waived, I assumed that it was "waived-injured" and that he was bound for IR.

Then, today, I saw a tweet (can't remember whose) saying that he'd been signed to the Pats PSquad.

IOW, I really don't have an effing clue what's up with Langi at the moment. :)

That's what's odd. My last Camp note on Langi was a report that he left practice early on August 9th (yes, way back then) - with a kidney laceration that was expected to keep him out 4+ weeks. Then yesterday, when I saw the first report that he'd been waived, I assumed that it was "waived-injured" and that he was bound for IR.

Then, today, I saw a tweet (can't remember whose) saying that he'd been signed to the Pats PSquad.

IOW, I really don't have an effing clue what's up with Langi at the moment. :)
I don't think you are wrong with any of this.

I think BB rolled the dice with him hoping he could stash him on the PS as he had the kidney laceration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes