PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Patriots Draft Contacts Thread

Me like. Future Chung replacement.

I can totally see it. He lines up all over the place and plays pretty well. I wonder if he'll be available at 72, though, after his testing numbers. That's why I've been looking at Rayshawn Jenkins, who is a similar player but only ran a 4.51 instead of a 4.41, and thus is valued a bit more moderately. Jenkins is a big time headhunter, though. Maybe after our last safety from the U, we'll go in a different direction. :eek:

I can totally see it. He lines up all over the place and plays pretty well. I wonder if he'll be available at 72, though, after his testing numbers. That's why I've been looking at Rayshawn Jenkins, who is a similar player but only ran a 4.51 instead of a 4.41, and thus is valued a bit more moderately. Jenkins is a big time headhunter, though. Maybe after our last safety from the U, we'll go in a different direction. :eek:

I drop Miami prospects down a bit because BB hasn't gone to that well for a while. Superhuman size and athletes but perhaps their football brains are less than optimal. Having said that, two of my favourite prospects are from The U this year in Njoku and Corn Elder so who knows.

But Josh Jones is one of those rarer guys that I could totally see BB picking. Length, size, athleticism and hits like a truck. I think you'd need to take him at 32 or with a New Orleans second rounder to get him though. He won't be there at 72.

Definitely looking at linebackers. Wilson is 6-2, 225lbs

Eric Wilson is the Bearcats’ inside linebacker and has been a leader for Cincinnati’s defense the past two seasons. Wilson is the 14th-ranked player at his position.

The 6-foot-2 linebacker has recorded back-to-back seasons with over 100 tackles. This season he has 116, which is No. 1 in the AAC, and the next-closest guy is 15 tackles behind him.

In 2015, Wilson was a Second-Team All-AAC selection, and was even awarded an AAC Defensive Player of the Week when he posted 18 tackles against Miami University of Ohio Sept. 19, 2015.

His head coach, Tommy Tuberville, praised Wilson’s football smarts and how that can help him at the next level.

Which Bearcats are most likely to continue onto NFL careers?

It does seem like they're looking for a KGH v2.o.

I wonder if Deion Jones had anything to do with that? I thought he had a very promising rookie year, and we saw first hand the speed he brings to a defense. I know they've looked at that sort of profile before him, but I wonder if he made an impression.

I wonder if Deion Jones had anything to do with that? I thought he had a very promising rookie year, and we saw first hand the speed he brings to a defense. I know they've looked at that sort of profile before him, but I wonder if he made an impression.

Might put someone like Jayon Brown in the picture although he didn't wow athletically.

Matt Patricia at Notre Dame

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back