PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 NFL Training Camp & Preseason Injuries

Chargers curse continues despite name change . 1st and 2nd round picks likely out for the season..

Chargers curse continues despite name change . 1st and 2nd round picks likely out for the season..

I mean if you draft players that are still dealing with an injury it is your own fault if the gamble doesn't work out.

Similarly, with Lamp suffering this devastating injury maybe the Chargers will look into using knee braces for certain positions more during practice the way the Pats and the Cowboys are doing it.

Every time I see/hear of a non-contact ACL tear, I immediately wonder if the ACL was damaged prior and the non-contact action was just the ACL finally giving out.. I say this because that is how I tore my ACL. I had damaged it previously and then, completed it while making a high-speed change of direction where that leg was my plant leg..

Every time I see/hear of a non-contact ACL tear, I immediately wonder if the ACL was damaged prior and the non-contact action was just the ACL finally giving out.. I say this because that is how I tore my ACL. I had damaged it previously and then, completed it while making a high-speed change of direction where that leg was my plant leg..

Last year he suffered a knee injury at the end of the season, at first it was reported he would need surgery but then after a few days he's got a better diagnosis, I didn't follow through but I think he didn't go under any procedure.

Yep...Just saw that Tannehill report earlier....Sucks to be fish fans again...Hope it isn't serious...I was hoping Miami would be pushing Pats to be even better this season....

Last year he suffered a knee injury at the end of the season, at first it was reported he would need surgery but then after a few days he's got a better diagnosis, I didn't follow through but I think he didn't go under any procedure.

Huh, I know that Lamp had a sprained ankle at the end of the season but I hadn't heard of any knee problems. If anything, I thought health and durability was supposed to be a major point in his favor -- he started more than 50 games in college.

right. sprained his ACL and MCL last December, didnt have surgery. report is the injury today is on the same knee

I wasn't referring to any player in particular. Just what my belief is regarding non-contact Ligament tears..

Question : how much better is Miami's record RT vs Moore ? I see them as non-factors with either guy. So, who cares ?

Question : how much better is Miami's record RT vs Moore ? I see them as non-factors with either guy. So, who cares ?
They were 10-6 last year, while installing a whole new offense with a new coaching staff. Nothing looked fluky about their wins last year, and I think you could expect them to get a 2nd-year improvement due to familiarity with the system.

That improvement would have been counterbalanced by a tougher schedule this year, but it was hard to imagine they would not have been 9-7 plus-or-minus one or two. Not awful but above average as a team. Tannehill was also not awful but near-average as a starting QB.

Moore is an OK backup but there is a reason why, at age 32, he's never been able to hold down a starter's job. He doesn't have the arm or mobility of RT.

This does hurt them significantly, if RT is out for the season.

Gronk was a gamble who was one of 3 players taken in the second round of a draft where the Patriots could burn picks like firewood. He had a one-off injury that was dealt with by surgery. He was taken after McCourty, and just before the Patriots double dipped on linebackers in the same round.

Easley was a guy who'd already popped both ACLs. He was taken in the first round, rather than after a physically safer choice, and that was followed by taking a useless (for "immediate" on-field help purposes) pick of a QB at the very end of the next round. In fact, after Easley, the first meaningful pick made by the Patriots (again, in terms of 'immediate' on-field help) wasn't until the fourth round. in the Gronk draft, the Patriots had already drafted 3 other players by then (Cunningham, Spikes, Price).

So, yeah, huge difference in the situations.
Yeah, but the best part was BB trading up in front of Baltimore, who were going to draft Gronk, to pick the monster.

Fish dodge a bullet but they gotta be wary from now on.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back