PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2014 Patriots HOF: Who gets in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

livinginthe past

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Eligibility guidelines: Every former Patriots player or head coach who has been retired for at least four years is eligible for consideration.

Past finalists not in the Hall: Ron Burton (2007), Houston Antwine (2009-11), Bill Parcells (2011-12), Fred Marion (2012), Chuck Fairbanks (2013), Leon Gray (2013).

First-year eligible in 2014: LB Larry Izzo, CB Ty Law.

Second-year eligible in 2014: S Rodney Harrison, LB/DE Willie McGinest.

So, who gets in this year?

I think Ty Law, whilst a great player, doesn't personify the 'Patriot way', quite like a Bruschi or Troy Brown and will struggle to get in.

Rodney 'Dangerfield' Harrison wasn't a life-long Patriot, but the effect he had on the Patriots during the SB winning years was utterly immense - should he make it in?

Larry Izzo is a great guy, but special teams is special teams.

So, who do you think should go in and who would you like to see get in?

Dante Scarnecchia

As much as I agree, believe they only vote in one a year... so there will be a bottleneck for many years to come.

They voted in Bruschi and Gill Santos in last year. If it's 2, then I got to say Ty and Rodney.

I hope Rodney doesn't get screwed cuz he spent the beginning of his career in SD. He was a huge reason our defense was so great those years.

They voted in Bruschi and Gill Santos in last year. If it's 2, then I got to say Ty and Rodney.

I hope Rodney doesn't get screwed cuz he spent the beginning of his career in SD. He was a huge reason our defense was so great those years.

I believe there's a "veteran" selection every 7 years or something like that.

I'd go with Willie.

Willie, Ty--two of the best all time Patriots. When there was a big play to be made, one of them made it. Dante when he's eligible.

Parcells, not so much, carpetbagger, can't forgive him for the Jets romance during the season and leaving the team at the super bowl. As usual he only thought of himself.

Rodney, not convinced

Antwine should get an old timers selection.

Nobody should get in until Houston Antwine gets in.

Dante Scarnecchia

Isn't he not elgible for 4 years? He should definitely get in first year unless Brady suddenly retires right now. My vote goes to Ty. Played in 3 super bowls might make the pro football hall of fame eventually.

McGinest, who was up on the podium for Bruschi's induction, btw.

I forget, how many get in each year? Is it just one?

I think Ty was the more impactful player on the field, but not by much over Willie who was more impactful in the locker room. I'd have to go with Willie. BTW- I would be VERY unhappy if the Pats ever include Bill Parcells in its HOF.

Other thoughts - As far as an old time vet, I'm hoping Houston Antwine eventually gets in.

If I had a vote, it would go for Willie.

I would be VERY unhappy if the Pats ever include Bill Parcells in its HOF.
Part of me wants him to be voted in only because you KNOW he'd view coming to Foxboro for the ceremony as a pain in the ass.

I think Ty was the more impactful player on the field, but not by much over Willie who was more impactful in the locker room. I'd have to go with Willie. BTW- I would be VERY unhappy if the Pats ever include Bill Parcells in its HOF.

Other thoughts - As far as an old time vet, I'm hoping Houston Antwine eventually gets in.

I go with Willie because he was here longer and in all 3 SBs.

Tough call between Willie and Ty. Rodney certainly belongs too but Ty and Willie were here longer and while both left I see them as more Patriot lifers.

For a dumb reason I will go with Ty. I want to See Ty in the red jacket for Revis first game. I expect Revis will wear 24 too and there is something to be said for the passing of the torch.

Willie McGinest. they are going to have to go to 2 current inductees and 1 old timer in the future or too many will be on the outside.

Willie McGinest for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing