Who do you choose to win their Super Bowl

• Super Bowl XX 1985 Patriots

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Super Bowl XXXI 1996 Patriots

Votes: 17 43.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
While 85 had better talent they had no business getting to the SB they caught fire at the right time. If I recall they had some big special teams and def tds during that run.

I think 1996 was much better organized and coached. They had a real shot at winning that game if only they had some kick coverage.

I never liked Eason,but it wouldnt have mattered much, I think he soiled his pants if you rewatch the video.

85 was a good team but the forced something like 16 turnovers in those 3 playoff games.

Thats absurd.

1996 for me, but it's because I was too young to be a fan in 1985

Even to this day the '96 team remains one of my favorite Pats teams of all time. Loaded on offense, Bledsoe, Glenn, Martin, Coates, Jefferson, etc. but they also had to defeat some talented division rivals. I mean they had some classic matchups with Marino and Kelley.

'85 was a little before my time. Was Tony Eason the starting quarterback, then got hurt, which brought in Grogan? I guess there was a QB controversy?
Eason hurt his shoulder and Grogs came in and kicked absolute ass. Grogs broke his leg and Eason came in for the rest of the year.

I don't recall a big QB controversy as Eason was doing ok, the team was winning and Grogan was looking at 8 weeks of recovery time anyway

Anyone who could stand in til the last second and complete passes could beat them
steve-grogan-of-the-new-england-patriors-goes-back-to-pass-against-picture-id73723168

They were what they were that year, the most fearsome defense in years
They were the better team and had tremendous momentum.

The better team doesn't always win - unless you spot them three touchdowns, and then give them a field goal with three seconds left in the first half when the rules in fact dictated a ten second runoff.

Eason hurt his shoulder and Grogs came in and kicked absolute ass. Grogs broke his leg and Eason came in for the rest of the year.

I don't recall a big QB controversy as Eason was doing ok, the team was winning and Grogan was looking at 8 weeks of recovery time anyway
If your definition of "controversy" is entirely what the media says.

Grogan was recovered and active and ready.

I'd seen the Bears play all season.

I was convinced we had no chance if Eason started.

If your definition of "controversy" is entirely what the media says.

Grogan was recovered and active and ready.

I'd seen the Bears play all season.

I was convinced we had no chance if Eason started.
Not in the regular season he was

Both decent teams. That said, I don't think it can be argued that their opponents were much better.

you said he didn't play

I said he played

then you said "I didn't say zero Snaps, genius. o_O"

so he played

as for the 'greater slaughter' ******** ...... well, that's exactly what it is....3 games prior to the dolphins, Fuller starts and the Bears outscored the opponents 104-3......your point is silly...Mcmahon was sure to prevent the defense from giving up 38.....lol

You shouldn't try to process information or think.

They are not strong points of yours.

Even in 2001, when it came to making football decisions, there is zero evidence you can point to which says Kraft would or did overrule BB.

Find some and you might have a better hypothesis
my thoughts on this are purely anecdotal. I don't have any evidense, and I am not asserting that Bledsoe would keep his job. My only point and it was just answer OP qiestion what I would rather have 85 or 96, is that PERHAPS if Bledsoe had a ring, he MIGHT not have lost his job... and it is very plausible regardless of anything that you have said. And I would rather have had our Brady run. So 85 please.

I would respectfully disagree. Perhaps you'll remember? Just a few months previously, Coach Bill had suspended none other than Terry Glenn, who was considered by most Fans ~ and Media ~ to be our entire Offense.

In fact, I'm pretty confident that 99% of Patriots Fans, with Coach Bill coming off an inaugural 5-11 season, would've screamed for Belichick's head.

And Kraft didn't say a peep.

I admired that. :cool:
the premise of the point is that Bledsoe and the Pats had recently won SB 31. If you don't think that changes the equation, I think you are mistaken. And Terry Glenn had not been a good solider, Carrol had suspended him prior as well. Also respectfully...

Both decent teams. That said, I don't think it can be argued that their opponents were much better.
Huh?

Are you saying the 85 Bears were not much better than the 85 Patriots?

You shouldn't try to process information or think.

They are not strong points of yours.

you should stop blubbering garbage ...... which is a strong point of yours

'greater slaughter' ..... lol

the premise of the point is that Bledsoe and the Pats had recently won SB 31. If you don't think that changes the equation, I think you are mistaken. And Terry Glenn had not been a good solider, Carrol had suspended him prior as well. Also respectfully...

Bernie Kosar.

If you could choose which oni like the 85 team. going on the rd three wins the Super Bowl in their respective seasons instead of losing to who they lost to which team would you pick and why

1985 Patriots
11-5
Road to Super Bowl XX
HC Raymond Berry/GM Billy Sullivan
(QB Tony Eason/QB Steve Grogan)

Wild Card
Patriots Defeat Jets 26-14

Divisional Round
Patriots Defeat Raiders 27-20

AFCCG
Patriots Defeat Dolphins 31-14

Super Bowl XX
Bears 46
Patriots 10

1996 Patriots
11-5
Road to Super Bowl XXXI
HC Bill Parcells
QB Drew Bledsoe

Divisional Round
Patriots Def. Steelers 28-3

AFCCG
Patriots Def. Jaguars 20-6

Super Bowl XXXI
Packers 35
Patriots 21

I like the 85 team winning three rd games to get to the SB. and they beat three hated teams. finally winning in Miami after all those years of losing down there.

Somewhere in Denver, there's an Actual Broncos Fan fixated on this
denver_broncos_1960-1961.png

you should stop blubbering garbage ...... which is a strong point of yours

'greater slaughter' ..... lol

Ever notice that virtually nobody ever bothers initiating exchanges with you? Do you suppose that it might be because you consistently behave in the most pathetic, disgusting, bitter, and incalculably stupid manner possible?
39.gif

I cannot even conceive of stepping in anything, not even the most rotten, decaying sewage, squirming with maggots and exuding the most horrific stench, that I would hold in lower regard than I do, you...But I have no doubt at all that, offline, you're just a wonderful guy, leading a fulfilling, prosperous life, beloved by many. ;)

20-17!! Another football score!! :D

At the time my neighbor was from Chicago and I wanted to bet. He agrees. After NE scored first, I went over and knocked on his door asking what the score was thinking we were going to have a game.

He never let me live that one down.

If your neighbor was a few houses away it would have been 14-3 Bears by the time you got to his door...:confused:

To this day I don't know why Parcels stopped giving the ball to Curtis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes