Changes coming - And an FYI on potential actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
I've been busy dealing with some personal things, but as we head into the next month, there will be some changes here on the board. One of the biggest is the fact I'm growing tired of seeing many of the same arguments happening over and over, with individuals who have developed a habit of spamming opinions over and over again.

I don't have an issue with people disagreeing or having differing opinions. However, they don't need to be constantly repeated. I've let things go for a while, and while the updated user changes with the mute functions have helped significantly - and that was the spirit behind it - there are still some who post many of the same things over and over in various forms.

That's going to need to end. It's disruptive to the community, and it makes it difficult when it's brought up in threads that aren't even about that. Instead, one post causes a topic to go way too far off course, and there are some individuals who make a habit of it.

I'm working on a moderation mute that will cut posts/exchanges off within a given thread so that only the people involved will see them, while shielding other users from being subjected to them. That's step one, as it will allow myself and @Ross12 to quickly at least mute the exchange and allow it to continue without impacting other users within the thread who would rather not see two (or more) people going at it.

That's step one. Step two is going to be issuing thread bans if it becomes an issue of the same people making/having the same arguments, and it could possibly include further action from there.

Enough is enough. I get some people feel a certain way, and I'm not telling you how to think. But bringing it up over and over is something that's gone on for the last 5+ months (for some, it's far longer), and it will not be permitted moving forward.

We're headed into a new season, and it's time for some of you to start using the board for what it's intended, and that's for people who are a fan of the team who at least have the outlook on the fact it's a clean slate and that this team should at least be competitive.

Brady's gone, and we're in an era where for now, if the offense can score some points, they've built a pretty good defense that will keep them in most games and give them a shot. That's the world we live in now, and the days of being the automatic favorite are obviously over. That being said, as "bad" as they were last season, they were in every game until late, even against top teams. In fact, a few plays here or there could have flipped several of them.

We're not the Browns. Or the Texans. Some of you have never endured a 5-11 (or worse) season. Things could be significantly worse.

It's not about 'drinking the kool-aid', it's about the fact that sitting in a room full of people who constantly say "this player/coach/team sucks" is not enjoyable for anybody.

So please start being mindful of that. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it's making many of the threads tough to read.

It's time to turn the page to the 2023 season. We've got some OTAs left before they break for camp, so let's continue keeping an eye on that and put all the other stuff in the rearview.

Last edited:
herding-cats.gif

I've been busy dealing with some personal things, but as we head into the next month, there will be some changes here on the board. One of the biggest is the fact I'm growing tired of seeing many of the same arguments happening over and over, with individuals who have developed a habit of spamming opinions over and over again.

I don't have an issue with people disagreeing or having differing opinions. However, they don't need to be constantly repeated. I've let things go for a while, and while the updated user changes with the mute functions have helped significantly - and that was the spirit behind it - there are still some who post many of the same things over and over in various forms.

That's going to need to end. It's disruptive to the community, and it makes it difficult when it's brought up in threads that aren't even about that. Instead, one post causes a topic to go way too far off course, and there are some individuals who make a habit of it.

I'm working on a moderation mute that will cut posts/exchanges off within a given thread so that only the people involved will see them, while shielding other users from being subjected to them. That's step one, as it will allow myself and @Ross12 to quickly at least mute the exchange and allow it to continue without impacting other users within the thread who would rather not see two (or more) people going at it.

That's step one. Step two is going to be issuing thread bans if it becomes an issue of the same people making/having the same arguments, and it could possibly include further action from there.

Enough is enough. I get some people feel a certain way, and I'm not telling you how to think. But bringing it up over and over is something that's gone on for the last 5+ months (for some, it's far longer), and it will not be permitted moving forward.

We're headed into a new season, and it's time for some of you to start using the board for what it's intended, and that's for people who are a fan of the team who at least have the outlook on the fact it's a clean slate and that this team should at least be competitive.

Brady's gone, and we're in an era where for now, if the offense can score some points, they've built a pretty good defense that will keep them in most games and give them a shot. That's the world we live in now, and the days of being the automatic favorite are obviously over. That being said, as "bad" as they were last season, they were in every game until late, even against top teams. In fact, a few plays here or there could have flipped several of them.

We're not the Browns. Or the Texans. Some of you have never endured a 5-11 (or worse) season. Things could be significantly worse.

It's not about 'drinking the kool-aid', it's about the fact that sitting in a room full of people who constantly say "this player/coach/team sucks" is not enjoyable for anybody.

So please start being mindful of that. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it's making many of the threads tough to read.

It's time to turn the page to the 2023 season. We've got some OTAs left before they break for camp, so let's continue keeping an eye on that and put all the other stuff in the rearview.

Thanks, Ian. A post or two of "Hey, this is wrong and here's why I see it that way" is fine. Pages of CTRL-V with "Nuh-uh!" appended - not so much.

giphy 2.33.52 PM.gif

I am sure this does not apply to Aaron threads and the Official Rodgers Thread Hijack Queen.

Game Of Thrones GIF

Well said Capo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back