PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Patriots OTA’s 6-6-2023

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Christian Gonzalez looks like he got longer (haha) or grew an inch. I like the Mike Haynes (physically speaking) comparison I read on here a couple of weeks ago. Haynes had some serious speed. It would be great to have an elite corner again. This kid can really run for his size as well. He's not SloJuan.

Christian Gonzalez looks like he got longer (haha) or grew an inch. I like the Mike Haynes (physically speaking) comparison I read on here a couple of weeks ago. Haynes had some serious speed. It would be great to have an elite corner again. This kid can really run for his size as well. He's not SloJuan.
Would be nice if he showed some of the PR chops that Haynes had in NE.

Would be nice if he showed some of the PR chops that Haynes had in NE.
BB won't put him out there if can't tackle. He's said as much in the past.

BB won't put him out there if can't tackle. He's said as much in the past.
I don't disagree with your assertion but I'm lost trying to connect it to Gonzalez' potentiality as a punt returner. I must be missing something.

I don't disagree with your assertion but I'm lost trying to connect it to Gonzalez' potentiality as a punt returner. I must be missing something.

I think one of the criticisms surrounding Gonzalez is his tackling. I could be remembering wrong.

I think one of the criticisms surrounding Gonzalez is his tackling. I could be remembering wrong.
I get that but I was talking about punt returning not punt coverage. Maybe the point is that if he can't tackle he won't be on the team so then his PR skills, if any, are irrelevant.

I get that but I was talking about punt returning not punt coverage. Maybe the point is that if he can't tackle he won't be on the team so then his PR skills, if any, are irrelevant.

Ah, I'm dumb. I was thinking of coverage. Now I'm a bit confused.

Last edited:

I’m not sure what photos you have access to, but can you please stick to football? This is a family fan site.

We have better options at PR, IMO. Marcus Jones would be a better option for starters......and if Gonz gets hurt...we are moving Jon Jones to CB1...I'd rather keep Jon Jones in the slot...Jack Jones outside...Gonz outside...with Marcus Jones coming on in dime packages, PR, and helping out on offense....

Reporters won't be sharing updates until the practice is over most likely...per usual with OTA's only open to reporters.

Item #5 coming from Lazar intrigues me... Being as well-connected to the organization as he is now, it would not shock me after reading his thoughts that, at some point before Opening Day, another OT - preferably Left Tackle of course - is added to the mix...

05ba565466c82071b6f9a08491abdba3.png

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back