PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS QB rankings- Mac Jones dissed

Sam Bam Cunningham

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
The 3 first round rookies who have done absolutely nothing in the NFL are ahead of Mac Jones in these rankings? Lol

I'd say he should be around 20ish or so. With room to move up if all goes well with BOB running things.

Stick it on his locker. Best case? It motivates him and he becomes the best version of himself. Worst case? It discourages him and you know he probably doesn't have that "next gear" that you need your QB to have.

For reference, I think it will motivate him. How high that ceiling can go is debatable, but he 100% has not reached it yet.

Stick it on his locker. Best case? It motivates him and he becomes the best version of himself. Worst case? It discourages him and you know he probably doesn't have that "next gear" that you need your QB to have.

For reference, I think it will motivate him. How high that ceiling can go is debatable, but he 100% has not reached it yet.

IKR, the GOAT set such a low ceiling that QB's with legs all have higher ceilings than his.

From a national perspective, a lot of people are discounting how much Patricia and Judge screwed up this offense. People know they were bad, but not how bad they truly were. Whether or not Jones ever becomes a good QB, he is worlds better than what he looked like last year.

I previously put this link in the last chance for Belichick thread. Mac's ranking is in the right ballpark and I think the skepticism for his game is warranted. If the supporting cast was better then he'd probably be higher but people are looking at JuJu, Parker, Bourne, etc. and saying not good enough with that QB.

I previously put this link in the last chance for Belichick thread. Mac's ranking is in the right ballpark and I think the skepticism for his game is warranted. If the supporting cast was better then he'd probably be higher but people are looking at JuJu, Parker, Bourne, etc. and saying not good enough with that QB.

Wow! I don't know about anyone else, but I am absolutely shocked that you agree with this ranking of Mac Jones.

This is like team rankings....who cares. I do like the idea of putting it on his locker though. BOB is probably doing it as I type.

"Hey, Number 29! Run that play again! I'll bet Kenny Pickett could complete that!"

The 3 first round rookies who have done absolutely nothing in the NFL are ahead of Mac Jones in these rankings? Lol

I'd say he should be around 20ish or so. With room to move up if all goes well with BOB running things.
He’s at the point of his career where people predictions and expectations are totally irrelevant.
He led one of the top few most productive rookie QB offenses in the history of the NFL. Then he took a step back in year 2. That step back is being overanalyzed and overdramaticized because injury and coaching issues played a part and he is in a town where the media loves to make up stories about supposed attitudes and feelings, which send out a tone that he has personality issues or the team soured on him which is all just BS.
Rankings like that have absolutely zero impact on how he will play on the field. Look back to a year ago and you would think Tua is out of the league by now, Lance is the new future of the QB position, Russell Wilson is the reigning SB champ, Derek Carr is an MVP candidate, Matt Ryan saved the Colts, Trubisky is a starter, and Dak is legit.

From a national perspective, a lot of people are discounting how much Patricia and Judge screwed up this offense. People know they were bad, but not how bad they truly were. Whether or not Jones ever becomes a good QB, he is worlds better than what he looked like last year.
I think there's a lot of lazy reporting. They don't bother looking at why they were so bad, they just look at the numbers and write them off. Kinda sounds like ....
Will Smith Reaction GIF

MJ is 29. Even I would not rank him that liw.
I know…who cares its CBS but probably does reflect national perception of Jones.
Those rankings seem appropriate until he proves himself better.

Patriots #26th ranked offense in total yards for 2022.
Patriots #32nd ranked Red Zone efficiency for 2022.

Mac Jones ran that offense. It wasn't much of one but he was in the pilot's seat and his poor performances earned those rankings.

Patriots offensive disfunction in 2022:

Last edited:
Lol this list is laughable

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey