PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Sidy Sow - Round 4 - 117th overall

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From Canada. Grew up playing hockey, DL weightlifting in HS. Always been a leader, captain. Great locker room guy.

Lots of power, athleticism and fight in the run game. He'll make it a controlled fight between whistles no dumb plays. Great in gap/power. Always has the right attitude. Big boy at 6'4 320 carries it well although he bends at the waist too often. Can mirror in pp but will have trouble against shifty guys that can bounce from gap to gap. Much better against power. Plus anchor. Feet adjust on the fly, through contact against rushers but they do stop too often. Bends from the belly too often. Hands and feet work together but hes inconsistent. Grip strength is good enough. Placement could be better although he hits first and hard he gets a little messy at times. He has to be on schedule and on point when tasked with going into the second level bc this stiffness in his lower half. Have him knowing exactly what to do, not a lot on his plate in that dept and the better he'll do. Keep it simple. He pull/trap and work just fine along the los but it's the second level that gets him in trouble. Good enough lateral movements along the along though. Inconsistent against twist but he's got a lot of potential there. 50 + starts. Solid 4th RD pick and fits what we like. I thought him or Gaines would be a Patriot. 4th RD on PTP Board.

Patriots Add Eastern Michigan’s Sidy Sow in Round 4
Ian Logue
The Patriots drafted another offensive lineman with their third selection on Day 3, selecting Easter Michigan's Sidy Snow with the 117th overall pick.

The post Patriots Add Eastern Michigan’s Sidy Sow in Round 4 appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Really excited about this pick.

@BaconGrundleCandy , didn't see a thread for the center, Andrews. Thoughts?
I remember watching him and White battle each at the SR Bowl. We're just scooping up those guys. Anyway probably wouldn't have been my pick but what do I know. He's very fundamental sound and pulls out a little flash once and a while but plays with plus focus, leverage and burst. He's got real explosion. Has to get stronger when talking about next level athletes, he survived a lot of 1 on 1 reps at the SR Bowl and as a OL that's all you want to do. Survive. But he'll have a hell of a time if we threw him in there rn. He's got very good hands. Very active through contact. Smart kid on and off the field. I like it the more I settle into it but 3 IOL in the middle rounds is a bit much for me but again what do I know. Maybe they anticipate Onwenu getting a big deal. Try Sow at tackle or RG. See where Andrews and Mafi fit in.

I certainly don't mind going OL but we could have spread out our resources a little more. Tackle, IDL, WR or TE all could have been addressed. I know we have 4 6th and a 7th so we'll see.

You are the man. Yes or No - we need to know.
They'll try him there at some point. He's getting some reps at some point for sure. Especially if we don't trade or sign for another tackle. We will absolutely we going through bodies to see if there's a fit.

They'll try him there at some point. He's getting some reps at some point for sure. Especially if we don't trade or sign for another tackle. We will absolutely we going through bodies to see if there's a fit.

Seems to be a classic Pats move to sign a bunch of Vets to 1 year deals, and then line up multiple draft picks for the next year (Y2 for the draft picks).

Seems to be a classic Pats move to sign a bunch of Vets to 1 year deals, and then line up multiple draft picks for the next year (Y2 for the draft picks).
I think we'll see some crazy cuts this year but not sure about tackle? Yea we're definitely anticipating one or two of Andrews, Onwenu, Strange moving positions, traded or not matching a deal. In this case Onwenu.

I think we'll see some crazy cuts this year but not sure about tackle? Yea we're definitely anticipating one or two of Andrews, Onwenu, Strange moving positions, traded or not matching a deal. In this case Onwenu.

And Russey and Hines must not have caused a lot of confidence. Maybe Stueber did? Who knows. But Onwenu and Andrews might be on short leases if the draft picks work out in 2024.

And Russey and Hines must not have caused a lot of confidence. Maybe Stueber did? Who knows. But Onwenu and Andrews might be on short leases if the draft picks work out in 2024.

Andrews will probably miss games moving forward anyway. I think he works out any money and sticks around as long as he's doing his job. Young Andrews waits his turn, even if he's pretty good.

I doubt they keep Onwenu once he can get paid. I don't know why, but they've always underestimated his value.

Andrews will probably miss games moving forward anyway. I think he works out any money and sticks around as long as he's doing his job. Young Andrews waits his turn, even if he's pretty good.

I doubt they keep Onwenu once he can get paid. I don't know why, but they've always underestimated his value.
Problem is that really good linemen are getting obscene contracts, even guards. It used to be that just tackles got the crazy money but now guards are too.

His hands are too low. If the patriots fix that he might develop into someone that can contribute!!!!

I like this guy. Looks the part which usually translates.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back