PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

By the numbers: Patricia's offense downright offensive

thecore762

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Offense has been absolute disappointment, get a better play caller. The offense just doesn’t get things done and keeps putting defense in terrible situations.

I think part of Macs regression is because Patricia is clueless on how to run the offense. Mac hasn’t looked comfortable this season and it’s most likely because Patricia keeps putting him in terrible situations. Now expect Mac to be out for an extended period of time.

Hunter Henry went MIA, and it’s most likely because Patricia doesn’t know how to use tight ends.

Patricia didn't throw those picks or have a ball punched from him. Patricia actually had a good game plan and really had them in poistion to score at least 35+

He called a good play that got Parker open for a walk in TD on 4th down yet Jones rushed it to Bourne.

I guess some on here would blame how that fumble bounced and where Peters was on Patricia so it's whatever.

Last edited:
Thought the play-calling and game management was more than decent yesterday. Won't be pretty without Mac for the next few weeks anyway (assuming it's a high ankle sprain minimum).

Did Mac and Sophie have a falling out with the Henry's?
3 games: 5 targets / 3 receptions / 28 yds / 0 TDs
On pace for 28 targets / 17 receptions / 159 yds / 0 TDs (vs 75 / 50 / 603 / 9 in '21)

Wonder if Patricia's pregame instructions include.....
"Lock onto a binky and feed him even if the picks pile up"
"Don't throw the ball away, lob it into traffic if you have to"
"Avoid Henry and Lil' J at all costs"

How much of it is on Patricia? Ill admit to log-off after that dumbass Mac Throw to Parker, but that is, 100%, not on Patricia: Mac stare Parker into oblivion and then ripped (another) outside post TD bad pass. The OL, which is directly linked to Patricia, has performed well to me (Im glad some are starting to see how limited certain members of the OL are *ahem* Andrews *ahem*, by default).

The biggest concern by far is that Mac has REGRESSED so far in his sophomore campaign, agreed

I couldnt see many highlights, but how often was Mac missing open receivers, like the last two weeks?

I don't know... are we sure Joe Judge really shouldnt be the one with (more Blame) in the coaching staff, other than BB? Mac's fundamental are WHACK this year, even though he was rock-solid last season with his feet, progressions, now he stares receivers down while throwing of his back foot.

Im not hitting the alarm button yet tho. Sometimes, you need a step back to take 2 forward. He is getting used to "a better arm" based on Off-season reports, so maybe that's him adjusting to it.

This year, we bet on "Growth". It would be a real real shame if our centerpiece doesn't

Last edited:
I can't understand this phenomenon. Patritia during his 2 year trip in Detroit made them one of the worst teams in the entire league. And...as a reward got promoted to New England.
Maybe it is time for new blood, someone with a fresh ideas.

I can't understand this phenomenon. Patritia during his 2 year trip in Detroit made them one of the worst teams in the entire league. And...as a reward got promoted to New England.
Maybe it is time for new blood, someone with a fresh ideas.
So going from Head Coach to Offensive Assistant is a promotion?

Patricia didn’t tell Mac to throw the ball straight to the Ravens. I thought the offensive play caller was very good.

I'll just float this out there for all the haters. You can't simultaneously strip BB of all his success because you think he was just the beneficiary of Tom Brady and then also lay all the blame for Mac's regression on the coaches.
So then why is he regressing? All of a sudden a smart football guy makes bad decisions?

So going from Head Coach to Offensive Assistant is a promotion?
Not literally. I mean he failed the test in Detroit and got a very lucrative position in winning culture organization called Patriots.

Thought the play-calling and game management was more than decent yesterday. Won't be pretty without Mac for the next few weeks anyway (assuming it's a high ankle sprain minimum).
Has it been pretty this year?

So then why is he regressing? All of a sudden a smart football guy makes bad decisions?
Because he's being asked to do more? The offense is asking more of him, and to this point he doesn't have the knowledge or experience to back it up ... Takes playing time, practice time to develop, to be able to read all of what is going on presnap... There are guys who make it look effortless, but they are rare...

Coming to grips with Mac's talent is no different than processing the reality of Santa Claus.
The truth hurts
But we cling to the illusion for as long as we can anyway

Nba Playoffs GIF by NBA
Bill Belichick Wink GIF by New England Patriots

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back