PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Bills @ Pats (Thursday Night)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
Coming off a tough loss, we have a huge Thursday night game against the Bills. I said all along if we can go 2-1 against the Jets, Vikings and Bills, we'd. be in good shape. Still have that chance. We are going to need to play better though.

Buffalo has been winning the past few weeks, but they haven't been as dominant as they were earlier in the season. They will be without Von Miller(see below). Josh Allen is going to be a handful to deal with as usual. Diggs is always tough to deal with as well. After seeing Jefferson though, I'll take my chances with Diggs.

Positive vibes this week!!!! Let's get back on track.

Let's discuss!!!!

I'd almost rather see them focus on Davis and McKenzie those guys have been killing us
Yeah, would like to see a cb trio of Jack, Jonathan and Mills. Don't want to see Bryant out there against this team. It seems like Allen's eyes light up when he's on the field. I like that trio and think we'll be a lot better.

Allen needs to keep throwing bad picks for us. Otherwise, they’re just going to do what they did to us last year. If we’re in man, Diggs and/or Davis will tear us up while Allen gets to the edge time and time again. If we’re in zone, McKenzie will be a pain in the ass eating up YAC across the middle of the field or underneath. The speed at the second and third levels has improved… marginally. But not enough to make Buffalo think that the same formula won’t work.

Offensively, we obviously need to avoid turnovers and run the clock down. Keep Allen off the field and their defense gassed. Losing Miller is big, but it would be great if Andrews and Wynn could be back for this one. Even with Buffalo’s struggles on defense, they’re still giving up less than 4 YPC in their last 3 games. Use the run to set up the pass and spread them out. Lots of 10, 11, and 12 personnel. They’re susceptible through the air, but I’d expect them to line up in a ton of Cover-1 and Cover-3 and make Mac be patient while throwing through tight windows. This would be a great game for Thornton to break out.

Coming off a tough loss, we have a huge Thursday night game against the Bills. I said all along if we can go 2-1 against the Jets, Vikings and Bills, we'd. be in good shape. Still have that chance. We are going to need to play better though.

Buffalo has been winning the past few weeks, but they haven't been as dominant as they were earlier in the season. They will be without Von Miller(see below). Josh Allen is going to be a handful to deal with as usual. Diggs is always tough to deal with as well. After seeing Jefferson though, I'll take my chances with Diggs.

Let's discuss!!!!

As always, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but for me, after last night into this morning... it's a little...

724dxy.gif

:)

Very tough game. A win would be pretty huge. Not just for playoff purposes but also kind of a conquer your demons game.

- Can we turn around our december struggles? Its well known we have not been a good december team for 3-4 years and counting . This would be a statement win.

- Can the defense stop a top offense? We have feasted on weak opponents and fell apart against the great ones as well the last 3 years. They obviously will need to be on their game. Not gonna shut down the bills but can we keep them around 20- 24 points?

- Can the offense score in the clutch? Big test for mac especially. We will likely need a clutch score late, if we are in the game that is. And we will have to convert in the red zone.

Its not the absolute end of the world if we lose, since i could see a few afc teams totally collapsing down the stretch and theres a possibility 9-8 even gets us in. but a win makes this finish alot less daunting and Would really be our biggest win since 2018. Plus if Mac builds off yesterday with another strong game thats also huge.

This is the real measuring stick game. Bills are 4-1 against the Pats since 2020 and are 2-0 at Gillette. Must win game for many reasons.

must win, Mac/offense is going to have to put up 28+ to win this game. the nick folk show isn't going to cut it. it amazes me how many people on this forum are perfectly happy with Folk kicking 5 field goals every game....it's mind numbing

This is the real measuring stick game. Bills are 4-1 against the Pats since 2020 and are 2-0 at Gillette. Must win game for many reasons.
3 of those losses were blowouts and the one W was in a gale storm getting literally no production from the passing game by design. Doesn't matter anymore though. Win and we're in decent shape.

Can the Pats make them punt? That is the big question!

must win, Mac/offense is going to have to put up 28+ to win this game. the nick folk show isn't going to cut it. it amazes me how many people on this forum are perfectly happy with Folk kicking 5 field goals every game....it's mind numbing
Who's happy with Folk kicking FG's? All posts that I have seen have said that the redone offense needs to improve. Show me one post on here claiming their happy with Folk kicking 5 FG's a game. I have a feeling I'll be waiting a while.

I'm happy that he makes them, but I'd much prefer TD's. I guess in general though I am always happy watching the Pats play, so I guess technically one could say I am happy when Folk is kicking 5 FG's ;).

Let's discuss!!!!

I think Jefferson and Diggs are identical players. Diggs have owned us recently.

They did okay against Jefferson. Obviously he produced but he didn't own them. The concern for me is that the guys after Diggs in Buffalo are better than the guys after Jefferson in Minnesota as a total group.

However, Allen has been playing worse than Cousins lately and they don't have a Dalvin Cook to account for. I can see a world where they snag an INT or even two and hold Buffalo to under 25. The challenge is if NE can score that many again this week. Buffalo's D will be a bigger struggle than Minnesota's was. Andrews returning will help a lot, hopefully Meyers will get healthier and Parker gets a little more comfortable.

They really need to get Thornton going even just a little bit. Thornton & Agholor together have the makings of a duo that can really stress a defense but neither have produced and the OL doesn't give enough time anyway...

I don't know about you guys, but this is the closest I've seen since the late 90's where the division was very competitive. I'm not not used to the Pats being underdogs in their own division.

We're going to need someone to make a big play like a Bledsoe pass to Coates in the back of the end zone to win the game in 1998. Bills were so upset, they walked off the field. Bledsoe had now thrown two game winning TD's in consecutive weeks. That's my favorite memory of the Pats vs Bills growing up. The 31-0 payback in 2003 is right there as well.

I don't know about you guys, but this is the closest I've seen since the late 90's where the division was very competitive. I'm not not used to the Pats being underdogs in their own division.

We're going to need someone to make a big play like a Bledsoe pass to Coates in the back of the end zone to win the game in 1998. Bills were so upset, they walked off the field. Bledsoe had now thrown two game winning TD's in consecutive weeks. That's my favorite memory of the Pats vs Bills growing up. The 31-0 payback in 2003 is right there as well.
56-10 was fun too. Could have been 80-10 if they wanted to.

I think the Bledsoe game was the one he had pins sticking out of his finger?

56-10 was fun too. Could have been 80-10 if they wanted to.
That was a good one too. My friends and I couldn't stop laughing at the angry Bills fan when the Pats went for it on 4th down up 42-10.

I think the Bledsoe game was the one he had pins sticking out of his finger?
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey