PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Pats sign TE Jalen Wydermyer

Effective pass catcher at A&M, but he’s… pretty bad… at run blocking and in pass pro. He also posted some horrific numbers during the draft process. Camp fodder.

EDIT: @ashley1992 beat me to it.

Todd McShay had him 21st overall in his 2022 mock draft in May 2021. There was thought to be a lot of talent there, but if those workout numbers are accurate then there’s really no hope for him.

Maybe BGC will jump in on this one and give us some info re his thoughts

He just needs the right system. He has potential to go beast mode. Not sure how and why he is available but I watched all of A&M games and I rated him highly. Hope he can learn and stick around.
He’s available because he has Tank Ass Syndrome.

He's gonna go 3 catches, 43 yards, 1 TD in the 4th quarter of the final preseason game and people are going to insist he won't make it through waivers.

"Is it time to trade Henry!?"

He just needs the right system. He has potential to go beast mode. Not sure how and why he is available but I watched all of A&M games and I rated him highly. Hope he can learn and stick around.
That's what I'm saying.:oops:

Effective pass catcher at A&M, but he’s… pretty bad… at run blocking and in pass pro. He also posted some horrific numbers during the draft process. Camp fodder.

EDIT: @ashley1992 beat me to it.
Jonnu Smith 2.0 he definitely looks like the move type.

Maybe BGC will jump in on this one and give us some info re his thoughts
He never put it together besides occasional flashes. Got by on size and strength for a while. Technique never caught up. I doubt he could ever be a true primary weapon bc it takes him a minute to get going. Effort and size are there in blocking but really no idea what he's doing.

Also I can't imagine testing that bad and actually putting it on paper. These guys perform these drills for years, even before HS. They're well aware of what they can do. Simply don't do the drills, say you're hurt. Teams will never get those #'s out of their head.

IMO best case scenario he’s similar to Hooman.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back