PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilkerson Watch

BTTA

He/Him
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Do I understand the facts here?
  1. Robinson (Panther) gets in a fight with Wilkerson yesterday.
  2. Robinson lays out Wilkerson on a special teams play (no indication if Wilkerson was his blocking assignment or if instead, he was hunting him)
  3. Robinson stands over Wilkerson, celebrating and taunting.
  4. Wilkerson is carted off the field and hospitalized
  5. This brings our team peacemaker, emotional intelligence captain, and Chaplain, Matthew Slater, over to the Carolina sideline to express extreme unhappiness.
“When you see a teammate down on the field... I’ve been around this game for a long time, and I think anybody that plays at this level understands when a guy is out. They know what that looks like, and I don’t think that’s the time to celebrate. I really don’t,” Slater said.

I'm feeling some bile rising.
Patriots’ Matthew Slater explains why he was irate after Kenny Robinson hit on Kristian Wilkerson

Robinson tweeted “Never stood over him or anyone stop the lies” and then deleted it, probably after realizing he had just called his head coach a liar.

IF he's concussed he might be in the protocol for a while which would hurt his chances to make the Team now. I wonder if BB might just IR him to stash him for another year. He's still young and started out strong we don't have a lot of Receivers under contract next year.

My newest book project is a football book and I have interviewed Slater on a few occasions for it. He's about as down to earth and as good a dude as you can imagine. Incredibly level-headed and sober-minded. For HIM to be this upset means something legitimately bad happened.

Here is the Slater Interview.:

He doesn't say it was a concussion, but he sure implies is.

BTW, I'm glad that Matt Rhule said that Robinson's actions were unacceptable. Hopefully he addresses that sentiment directly to Robinson.

Robinson tweeted “Never stood over him or anyone stop the lies” and then deleted it, probably after realizing he had just called his head coach a liar.
This is a great way to get your knee blown out. He'd better pray Wilkerson doesn't have friends on other teams.

It's a pretty simple thing. A guy takes a hit and goes down in a manner demonstrating he has received a concussion. Concussions alter your quality of life. Ok, we all know the risks. Fair play, good hit, but it's practice. Grab a knee and check on him. However, if you stand over the man and taunt him those are actions which justify being assaulted by his teammates.

I’m hoping it’s just a concussion.

so far I’ve seen nothing to indicate what it was.

Other than Slater using the word “dire” when saying K-dub was in obvious distress there‘s not much in the way of details.

there were several tweets and posts indicating Robinson “lit him up”. Then there were questions about whether it was non-contact. Makes me wonder if there was some effort to minimize after it was obviously bad.

Rhule was then asked if Robinson could be cut as a result of the last two days. He reiterated that he didn’t see what sparked things on Wednesday before saying the team would be discussing that topic.

‘Two days now that practice was affected by a guy. We’ll have to talk about it,” Rhule said.

-

Rhule was then asked if Robinson could be cut as a result of the last two days. He reiterated that he didn’t see what sparked things on Wednesday before saying the team would be discussing that topic.

‘Two days now that practice was affected by a guy. We’ll have to talk about it,” Rhule said.

-
I am not sure if Rhule is a good football coach, based on how he handled this situation I would say that he is a good leader of men. No wonder BB chose to practice against these guys.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back