PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp- Wednesday August 17th

With yesterday's news of Butler and SlowJuan, I have our CB depth as follows:

I expect the last roster spot to come down to Wade and Bryant. Wouldn't be surprised if we add someone as well.

Jalen Mills
Jonathan Jones
Marcus Jones
Terrance Mitchell
Jack Jones
Shaun Wade
Myles Bryant
Devin Hafford
Justin Bethel (special teams standout)

Some stock ups and stock downs from yesterday's practice:

Lazar is correct in his observation as it relates to Barmore. He's still learning how to apply a pass rush while containing/defending the run which is why he wasn't always out there on early downs.

It's a matter of time though. He's too good not to improve and keep off the field.

Last edited:

I expect the last roster spot to come down to Wade and Bryant. Wouldn't be surprised if we add someone as well.

Jalen Mills
Jonathan Jones
Marcus Jones
Terrance Mitchell
Jack Jones
Shaun Wade
Myles Bryant
Devin Hafford

bingo!

Bryant does have a 46 edge over Wade for his newly acquired return prowess (which are nice but far from special or even #1 on the team)
Wade should have a 53 edge over Bryant since i believe Bryant is easier to sneak to PS (and can then be elevated multiple times if needed)
It will be interesting how they go about it.

They carried only 5 CBs last yr most of the time and it was proven too thin so i hope they go 6 (+6 safeties) this time and thin down DL, RB, LB, even ED which are plug&play positions..

Jalen Mills
Jonathan Jones
Marcus Jones
Terrance Mitchell
Jack Jones
Shaun Wade
Myles Bryant
Devin Hafford
If pushed, I’d go w Bryant over Wade atm. Maybe Wade has more potential down the road ? I dunno. Bryant’s recent foray in ST just makes me think he’s making the roster.

If pushed, I’d go w Bryant over Wade atm. Maybe Wade has more potential down the road ? I dunno. Bryant’s recent foray in ST just makes me think he’s making the roster.
I can't get over the games against Buffalo and how bad he was. You may be right, but with Wade playing well recently and making plays, I'd prefer him.

I can't get over the games against Buffalo and how bad he was. You may be right, but with Wade playing well recently and making plays, I'd prefer him.
I agree, but he would essentially be the 3rd string slot cb

I think that decision may come down to how ready Marcus Jones is in both the slot and as a returner. If he can take that job, we can keep Wade and risk Bryant on waivers. If Bryant is who the coaches think should take one or both of those roles as the primary option, you don't waive him.

I also don't think Wade is as much of a risk on waivers as others believe.

Well, not necessarily. He seems to be actively in the process of competing for the starting slot and punt returner roles with Marcus Jones.

I can't get over the games against Buffalo and how bad he was. You may be right, but
with Wade playing well recently and making plays, I'd prefer him.

It appears Bryant has the edge, but I agree. I thought of Bryant as a JAG.

Wade has technique issues, but I think he's the better corner.

I've seen Bryant at the top of the depth chart for corner, which is a head scratcher.

It appears Bryant has the edge, but I agree. I thought of Bryant as a JAG.

Wade has technique issues, but I think he's the better corner.

I've seen Bryant at the top of the depth chart for corner, which is a head scratcher.
Damaging pictures of BB and others can move you up the dept chart.:D:rofl:

Hope Hunter Henry is ok
Let's hope Jonnu Smith plays better than yesterday we need returns on his current contract. Can't have a guy who folds up against competition we don't want to see jet sweeps to a move TE we want him making plays in space. Jonnu seemed a little scared of the football last year. :rolleyes:

Let's hope Jonnu Smith play better than yesterday we need returns on his current contract. Can't have a guy who folds up against competition we don't want to see jet sweeps to a move TE we want him making plays in space. Jonnu seemed a little scared of the football last year. :rolleyes:
Per Unfiltered yesterday: He may have had a jet sweep when the cameras were off. They eluded to a play where he ran the ball....but they didn't want to go into detail.

Per Unfiltered yesterday: He may have had a jet sweep when the cameras were off. They eluded to a play where he ran the ball....but they didn't want to go into detail.
I don't think that's a good sign we have more than enough RB's to run the football we don't want a overpaid TE doing that. We have Ty Montgomery who is more than experienced at that factor Back position.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back