PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

13 Seconds

I keep thinking about 40 times and math and it feels like with 11 men in the way it should not have been possible to travel that distance in that time.

This gets worse with time. Double gut punch. Worst loss after Norwood

i also forgot until recently that the music city miracle happened against them. i cant even imagine how that is when theres no sb wins to take away the pain. I didn’t get over sb42 until sb49. These are going to hurt until they win the big one, if they ever do.

My thing is they should have let Kelce run 3 more seconds then tackle and it’s game over. I know in the moment your job is tackle but be aware of the clock IMO

Yeah, there are so many ways they could have solved this puzzle, if there were operating brains left on the field or sideline. This is one of them. Just surround the guy, guard the sideline, appeal to his football instincts to get more YAC, and keep backing up as he keeps probing for another yard. He's going to be thinking about getting into field goal range first and foremost. It'll be at least 3 more seconds before he figures it out and give himself up as down.

Just an amazing display of a lack of situational awareness, and one place where the Pats apparently still have a huge advantage.

• Winner
Reactions: PP2
i also forgot until recently that the music city miracle happened against them. i cant even imagine how that is when theres no sb wins to take away the pain. I didn’t get over sb42 until sb49. These are going to hurt until they win the big one, if they ever do.
Yeah I was thinking of that game too. That one had 16 seconds left.

So one franchise lost 2 playoff games in which they were kicking off with the lead with 16 (or fewer) seconds left in the clock.

Ouch

I keep thinking about 40 times and math and it feels like with 11 men in the way it should not have been possible to travel that distance in that time.
McDermott stepped all over his own dingus. In the end he ain't taking blame though:

Bills coach Sean McDermott was asked three times on Sunday night about what transpired in the final 13 seconds of regulation in Buffalo's eventual 42–36 overtime loss to the Chiefs.
The Bills took a three-point lead with 13 seconds to play in regulation after quarterback Josh Allen completed a touchdown pass to wide receiver Gabriel Davis. But they elected to kick the football deep on the ensuing kickoff and allowed Kansas City to go 44 yards in only two plays before a game-tying Harrison Butker field goal.
McDermott told reporters there were things the Bills coaching staff talked about before Tyler Bass kicked the ball off with 13 seconds left. But Buffalo didn‘t seem to execute in a crucial situation.
“We can just execute better, and that starts with me and goes all the way down,” McDermott said. “I don’t want to get into specifics right now. I’m really proud of the guys and their effort. Obviously [the Chiefs] made a couple of plays down the stretch. So I’ll just leave it at that right now.”
When asked specifically if his coaching staff considered having Bass execute a squib kick in hopes of running time off the clock, McDermott said that was one of many things he considered.
“Yeah, we talked about a lot of things,” he said. “I’m just going to leave it at the execution, and that starts with me.”

So blame falls on whomever it ended with.

Coaching like his is why they are going home.

It sure as heck is not on the players.

It will be interesting to see how they look at him next season.

Source: Sean McDermott asked about what happened at end of Bills vs. Chiefs - Sports Illustrated

I went to college in Buffalo during their SB run in the early 90's.
Based on what was said to me, how I was treated as a Pats fan, etc.... I have zero sympathy for that fan base, none.
You feel bad for them when they lose? Just imagine what its like if they actually win, no thanks.

which one looks better? The home or away jersey?

KYfXRHI.jpg

Last edited:
My thing is they should have let Kelce run 3 more seconds then tackle and it’s game over. I know in the moment your job is tackle but be aware of the clock IMO
Coaching lost the game for the Bills. Should have been a squib kick to begin with. Then the receivers should have had a DB on them in a bump and run type defense. I think this would have eaten up 13 seconds.

Coaching lost the game for the Bills. Should have been a squib kick to begin with. Then the receivers should have had a DB on them in a bump and run type defense. I think this would have eaten up 13 seconds.
Eh, losing is what Buffalo does.

**** the Bills

can't rely on them for anything. just a loser franchise. Allen is a stud though

I feel like there's no superlatives to capture just how great Josh Allen has been since the second Patriots game. Or you might just say, when Josh Allen is playing at his highest level, he is at a historically high level. I don't know if I've ever seen a guy who can so thoroughly dominate a defense on his own. I'm usually skeptical of QBs who run too much, but Allen pretty much always runs when he should run and not just as a bail out option.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back