PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kendrick Bourne best wide receiver free agent signing

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Some pretty impressive stats in this.

And then consider Bill’s comment about potential improvement: “I think if he keeps working hard and continues — which he has, he’s a hard-working kid — if he continues to work hard and pay attention to little details, that there’s still a lot of room for improvement, as well.”

If the Pats got a Lockett clone for 3/15 that’s good value, and if they got that kind of upside on top it’s great value. Props to the GM for this one.

Why Patriots' Kendrick Bourne Has Been NFL's Top 2021 Receiver Signing

The article only talks about receivers. ;)
Yes. I expanded it. Judson is certainly in the discussion, but is his salary cheap enough to make him a comparable value? Judson signed a contract 4/56, so he‘s getting $16million a year. Over three time Bourne‘s money.

That article has Bourne as the best receiver when he’s getting paid $5million a year and Golladay is getting $18million and Davis is getting 12.5. Is Judon getting a third of what the top FA signings at his position are getting?

And I realize the article is looking at receivers league wide. So a good question would be, what other FA signings across the league are returning comparable value, at any position?

Bourne has exceeded well beyond my expectations. Great signing.

And what a disaster Golladay has turned into.

Bourne, Judon, Hunter, have been good signings. Mills has been good value (not a great CB but great that's he's playing CB2 and not burned yet). Wastes of money with opportunity to turn it around are Jonnu, Wynn. Guys like Godchaux are a total waste of $.

I think Hunter Henry has been the best signing. He was needed most. Offenses do not function well without a quality tight end. I'd argue he is the only functional tight end we even have right now.

Think he was the best WR signing of the 2021 WR FA class so far.

Is Jonnu really that useless as a #2? I think hes fine as a #2 TBH
Useless...no. But if Henry were to go down, we have no one that could provide even 80% of what he gives us as a well rounded tight end that can block and catch. Henry is a saftey blanket that consistently makes tough catches even if guys are draped all over him. If Henry couldn't play I would seriously consider N'keal Harry take his reps before I try any of the other tight ends on our roster.

Could never figured out why BB signed Nelson.... He is at best #2/#3 WR..

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back