PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: my brother is in the ICU (update 9/17, Setting Sail for Parts Unknown)

Simpelton

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Not CoVID related, thank God. Some kind of kidney failure related to diabetes. I don't know all the details. Kidneys haven't stopped working entirely but they're so low function that my brother died in the hospital at least once that I know of already and he thinks there may have been a second time. He's barely lucid, and only 1 person per day can go in to visit.

For added flavor my brother is a paranoid schizophrenic and one of his fantasies that he gets stuck on is being held down and poisoned while he sleeps, so you can only imagine that only being half lucid and intubated and on oxygen, is a particular blend of fresh hell for the guy. Worse, they had to flush his meds out of his system in order to do bloodwork so he's completely off his meds living his own worst nightmare right now. :(

Needless to say the family is circling the wagons and bracing for bad news. I could use any positive thoughts thrown our way in this time. if I knew it would help I'd already be banging on the door ordering them to take my kidney ASAP, but the doctors haven't confirmed that replacement is on the table yet. So yeah, feeling kind of helpless at the moment

Best of luck and prayers to your brother, you, and your family.

Diabetes is no joke.

Sorry to hear that. Positive thoughts your way. I hope he makes it through okay. I also hope this gives you your own wake-up call. I remember you posted your Facebook profile back in the day when you lost your job, and you were either at, or close to, 500 pounds. That’s a short lifespan and a litany of problems down the road if you don’t change that. Not trying to be mean or anything… just telling you like it is.

Sorry to hear this, hard time to be going through I'm sure. Prayers for your family.

Sorry to hear it. Hope he pulls through.

Wow…I wish and project peace, comfort & blessings to you and your family. I want to recommend an alkaline lifestyle (food, herbs etc..) which is the natural remedy against disease/toxins, but not exactly sure whether or not he’s able to at the moment. If all works out, I HIGHLY recommend it. Prayers up!

Best wishes to you and your family.

sorry to hear that ...best wishes to you and your family.

Sending positive vibes your way.

Prayers out to you and your brother.

Best wishes to your brother.

Praying that the doctors stabilize his condition, and may he steadily get better. God bless your family

Hoping for a full, speedy recovery for your brother. Also thoughts to you and the rest of your family, watching family go through sickness and tough times is the worst feeling.

Best wishes for his recovery.

Hang in there , best wishes to you , your brother and all your family

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes