PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick to be featured in new VICE series Dark Side of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

VectorPrime

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Oh boy. The description of the show doesn’t detail much but is there really any confusion on the crap everyone is now going to be forced to relitigate?

Vice’s ‘Dark Side of Football’ will include episodes on Bill Belichick, the Browns, and more
The six, one-hour episodes of Vice’s “Dark Side of the Ring” spinoff will include an episode on Bill Belichick, another focused on the origins of the Oakland Raiders’ notorious reputation and a third that explores the league’s painkiller problem and the often tragic results of its unwritten rule to “play with the pain,” in the docuseries’ words.

And that’s literally just the half of it. Other subjects covered include violence among some hardcore fans, the pathetic (not last year!) Cleveland Browns, and one episode dedicated entirely to diva wide receivers, TheWrap has learned.

Give me Vegas odds on if the Rams walkthrough comes up.

Over/Under number of 03 Panthers and 04 Eagles players interviewed saying “the whole game we just felt like they somehow knew our calls.”
The 03 Panthers is the really funny one. The prior game with the Panthers, Carolina had an entirely different coaching staff. George Seifert was the coach. I really laughed when the Carolina ass't coach made that claim.

Is this the show where Belichick turns to Brady with his fist raised, forcefully proclaiming, “If you only knew the power of the Dark Side. Obi wan never told you what happened to Butler during Super Bowl 52...”

From the preview I'm afraid the BB episode is going to portray him as a cheater (cameragate, deflategate), so be prepared for a one-sided hatchet job. I saw the first episode tonight: ostensibly about the nature of diva wide receivers but more just about Ochocinco. I was not that impressed.

The show begins in Boston circa early 1900 as the Corleone family from Sicily settle in the North End of Boston and go in the olive oil business.

The Corleone's cousins lived just across town. Their name was "Accorsi". Ernesto was the Papa and he liked to wager on the bocci ball games from time to time. It all seemed innocent enough.

Last edited:
If you read the promo it says that it will feature BB... further on it then says:

"Participants interviewed for and appearing in the program include Chad Johnson, Mike Ditka, Plaxico Burress, Donte Stallworth, Jemele Hill, Bill Romanowski, Jim McMahon, Ricky Williams, Kyle Turley and Lincoln Kennedy, we’re told."

In other words the take on BB will rely on hearsay information... with the exception of Ochocinco, none of these players played for him.

Within the story of NE’s two decades of success, there are many layers. You can scratch the surface and count wins, trophies, and empty accolades.

For those who want to go deeper, you can explore the rule changes brought upon by the dominance, BB’s shift from D to O to D again, modified play calling / using the rule book to your advantage and the like.

But, ultimately, if you want to whittle it down, the 20 years has been much about the human existence. Raw human emotions played out. And, in the end, the one that sticks out most for me ? Jealousy. Humans are sick, jealous, losers who, instead of celebrating innovation-hard work-effort-skill, are lazy pathetic individuals who’d rather throw around words such as cheating to undermine winners and to make their own pathetic lazy butts feel better.

Rams cry about surveillance. You had talent EVERYWHERE. They beat you. Even if they’d been at every single practice you should have had enough. You didn’t want it bad enough. You lost. Colts cry about their WRs. You changed the rules. Ironically, the ONLY time you won it was all about your defense you idiots. Teams like the NYJ & the Browns hire complete boobs as HC and wonder why they win once or twice a year. The list goes on.

Last edited:
So… this series will finally tell us why Malcolm Butler was benched? :)

This will be a terrible rehash of "information" that's already been beaten into the ground over the past 14 years or so. Luckily, I don't think many people watch Vice so whatever.

If you read the promo it says that it will feature BB... further on it then says:

"Participants interviewed for and appearing in the program include Chad Johnson, Mike Ditka, Plaxico Burress, Donte Stallworth, Jemele Hill, Bill Romanowski, Jim McMahon, Ricky Williams, Kyle Turley and Lincoln Kennedy, we’re told."

In other words the take on BB will rely on hearsay information... with the exception of Ochocinco, none of these players played for him.

Donte has run over people for lesser snubs.

Within the story of NE’s two decades of success, there are many layers. You can scratch the surface and count wins, trophies, and empty accolades.

For those who want to go deeper, you can explore the rule changes brought upon by the dominance, BB’s shift from D to O to D again, modified play calling / using the rule book to your advantage and the like.

But, ultimately, if you want to whittle it down, the 20 years has been much about the human existence. Raw human emotions played out. And, in the end, the one that sticks out most for me ? Jealousy. Humans are sick, jealous, losers who, instead of celebrating innovation-hard work-effort-skill, are lazy pathetic individuals who’s rather throw around words such as cheating to undermine winners and to make their own pathetic lazy butts feel better.

Rams cry about surveillance. You had talent EVERYWHERE. They beat you. Even if they’d been at every single practice you should have had enough. You didn’t want it bad enough. You lost. Colts cry about their WRs. You changed the rules. Ironically, the ONLY time you won it was all about your defense you idiots. Teams like the NYJ & the Browns hire complete boobs as HC and wonder why they win once or twice a year. The list goes on.
Oh but we need fairness...

This will be a terrible rehash of "information" that's already been beaten into the ground over the past 14 years or so. Luckily, I don't think many people watch Vice so whatever.
Florio will make sure more watch.

OT: Football related
Starz (free 7 day trial) is airing a college football flick "My All American" that will tug at your heartstrings.
A combination "Rudy" and Brian's Song" true story about an undersized/overachieving U of Texas football player, Freddie Steinmark.
Production wise....B level at best.....but the story will pull in.

Donte Stallworth did.

Give me Vegas odds on if the Rams walkthrough comes up.

Over/Under number of 03 Panthers and 04 Eagles players interviewed saying “the whole game we just felt like they somehow knew our calls.”
And if their team had Ernie Adams, they would know the other team's calls as well. Analytics is a real ball buster sometimes.

If these guys really wanted a griping show on the most tragic side of pro football, all they had to do was relive the posting of 8-12 bozos we have here on patsfans.
We certainly have our share here.

ChiefsPlanet is a reality show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots