PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Louis Nix has passed away

RIP. Could this be similar to VJAX? Maybe not. He hardly had an nfl career.

Last edited:
This is very sad. He was one of my biggest draft binkies. RIP.

Damn, I wanted him us to draft him so bad as a Wilfork-lite
I remember him so vividly and can't believe he's gone. Way too young. Unbelievable. Literally in college and the NFL a few years ago. Amazing how things spiral.

Jackson in a hotel. So many horror stories with these guys. They're clearing having a hard time adjusting to life after the league. Bottom line is the league isn't doing enough. You won't help everyone and some guys are just bad news but they to do a better job of handling these guys. I know they do some stuff but it's such a bad look. Tough situation..

I remember him so vividly and can't believe he's gone. Way too young. Unbelievable. Literally in college and the NFL a few years ago. Amazing how things spiral.

Jackson in a hotel. So many horror stories with these guys. They're clearing having a hard time adjusting to life after the league. Bottom line is the league isn't doing enough. You won't help everyone and some guys are just bad news but they to do a better job of handling these guys. I know they do some stuff but it's such a bad look. Tough situation..

I think it’s a lot different than VJax. Nix only played 4 games in the nfl which none he started. Maybe he had a heart attack while driving . Maybe foul play. Maybe he was depressed. We shall see what happens. Suicide during this covid time is at an all time high in this country.

I think it’s a lot different than VJax. Nix only played 4 games in the nfl which none he started. Maybe he had a heart attack while driving . Maybe foul play. Maybe he was depressed. We shall see what happens. Suicide during this covid time is at an all time high in this country.

hmmm, could also be the seemingly obvious but no one saying it: COVID

If he was a big guy, possibly overweight then, and possible other risk factors ???

anyway, another sad story: RIP

Last edited:

hmmm, could also be the seemingly obvious but no one saying it: COVID

If he was a big guy, possibly overweight then, and possible other risk factors ???
I can feel these two posts potentially triggering a shift in this thread...for anyone thinking of going there - please don't.

I can feel these two posts potentially triggering a shift in this thread...for anyone thinking of going there - please don't.
Sorry. Didn’t mean to tiptoe toward anything.

Reactions: Ian

No. My point is that it might have not been CTE and his cause of death was an attack while driving or he was depressed and committed suicide or the last one foul play. Detectives are still working on it.

Reactions: Ian

The league sucks. It's uses up anyone willing to be used. It's a brutal business.

Sorry. Didn’t mean to tiptoe toward anything.

No. My point is that it might have not been CTE and his cause of death was an attack while driving or he was depressed and committed suicide or the last one foul play. Detectives are still working on it.
You're both fine - I just didn't want anyone to read your posts and misinterpret them and go down that rabbit hole. ;)

Just from the sense that he had a ton of potential in front of him. I think I had a 3rd on him, never thought he was a elite player but again the opportunities in front of him not too long ago were there. Even without football long term he earned a little money. You meet so many connections, probably as many from a school like ND as the NFL.
The league sucks. It's uses up anyone willing to be used. It's a brutal business.
It's brutal. Monday is notorious in the league. Or Sunday for college. Guys are shuffling around unable to pick up their feet. Taking hours just to move around normally. All the **** they take to get right. It's nuts.

Gone too soon. :( May the good Lord rest and keep him, and give comfort to those who loved and mourn him.

Sad, just Sad.

One of my favorite players at ND. Had high hopes for him and at worst I thought he’d have a long career as run stuffer.

Crazy that he got shot at and nearly killed recently and now this. I wonder if it’s related in someway

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back