PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10 Patriots who might not be around for the 2021 season

Tip 3 offseason priorities for bb,

1.) Qb has to be the number 1 priority.

2.) I still think bb upgrades the receiver position via free agency and the draft.

3.) the front seven on defense needs massive upgrades

Brutal looking at our FA’s list. We really don’t have THAT much money.
Think most of them are replaceable. Thuney, Andrews, Guy, Bethel, Davis are the only ones I would like to keep and Thuney probably too expensive.

I hope fans don't freak out if Belichick doesn't jump off into the deep end of the pool at the start of free agency. The $$ is going to run out for many other teams this year, and there will be a lot of good vets looking for short money as free agency evolves. Belichick has to be licking his chops. And vets playing on short money play hard for their next contract.

Think most of them are replaceable. Thuney, Andrews, Guy, Bethel, Davis are the only ones I would like to keep and Thuney probably too expensive.
Many of them are replaceable. I agree. I guess it all depends on whether or not we agree on who we will be replacing them with. Just because we have more money than most of the teams in the league doesn’t mean we have a lot of money. We have over 20 bodies that have to be replaced and one of them is a QB that signed a 1.05M dollar deal. I’d prefer not to go into next season with a QB of that quality starting again unless we are talking about a high quality rookie.

QB making 10M, if Thuney wants to come back, let’s say he’s making 10M, Guy 5M, Butler 4M? That’s 29M on just 4 guys right there. I’m not saying we don’t have money to spend, we clearly do. Just IMO, not as much as I’d like.

Last edited:
I think we resign 5 guys:

folk
Bethel
Andrews
Guy
Ferentz

everybody else rolls out out town, but 4 comp picks come back,

thuney - 3rd
Butler - 4th
White - 6th
Wise -7th
Thanksdad Ferentz absolutely ****ing sucks and doesn't deserve to wear the uniform.

Seriously doubt that Butler brings a comp 4th...

And there's No doubt that Dee Wise doesn't bring Any compensation.

I can't see them cutting Harry. He is still here for relatively cheap dollars.
Maybe Harry can be reinvented as a move tight end.

Tip 3 offseason priorities for bb,

1.) Qb has to be the number 1 priority.

2.) I still think bb upgrades the receiver position via free agency and the draft.

3.) the front seven on defense needs massive upgrades

Without Guy, the DL is just as bad as the WR group. Watching some of these playoff teams with stout interior DL has me shaking my head at how little assets we have there, especially considering the talent we use to have during the early dynasty.

Thanksdad Ferentz absolutely ****ing sucks and doesn't deserve to wear the uniform.

I'm with you. Id be hard pressed to see more than a 6th for Butler, and can't see any compensation for Wise.

Plus they're (hopefully) going to be bringing in more talent via free agency, so that could negate any comp picks. If they end up getting their usual haul to comp picks it means either a) Bill wasn't very agressive in FA, or b) he cleaned up with signing players who were cap casualties with the lower cap number.

Harry gets one more training camp with a new QB before getting dumped or traded. He's a waste of space on the field as DB's are getting day off a defending him. In fact, he may be the most desired WR to defend because of this.

maybe, but in the nfl, pass rushers are currently overvalued.
looking at what flowers got, I can not imagine butler getting less than a 50 million dollar deal.

looking at what flowers got, I can not imagine butler getting less than a 50 million dollar deal.
Don't worry, Butler won't be in high demand. He's a rotational guy at best.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back