PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10-6 was good enough for these guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl:

.........I wonder if Tommy needs another point of comparison?

Last edited:
Nice Call!!!

Never would have heard that on on ESPN.. until after the superbowl was over!!!

BoTown said:
That team had a pretty good quarterback. Reminds me of ours! :D

Yeah Cassel has all those same traits!

Thanks for the thread. I knew a team had to have gone 10-6 and won the Superbowl, but I couldn't recall who.

Drewwho said:
Yeah Cassel has all those same traits!

You're forgetting about our other quarterback who is bound for Canton when his career is done...

FLUTIE!!!

BoTown said:
You're forgetting about our other quarterback who is bound for Canton when his career is done...

FLUTIE!!!

Sorry, my mistake!

Still would have liked to have gone 11-5 ,but I think Belichick played it right, Kraft must have told him that good chance they were going to play Sat nite, which would be 3 games in a 13 day span. Need to be healthy ,going into the playoffs, and its not like we were not competitive... 10-6 is nice,but 3 loses at home, not nice...

Bella*chick said:
Thanks for the thread. I knew a team had to have gone 10-6 and won the Superbowl, but I couldn't recall who.

The 1980 Raiders won the super bowl with the same number of post season games required as this year's Pats. Pretty good QB for them also, Jim Plunkett.

Postseason
AFC Wildcard Game: won 27 - 7 vs. Houston Oilers
AFC Divisional Playoff: won 14 - 12 at Cleveland Browns
AFC Championship Game: won 34 - 27 at San Diego Chargers
Super Bowl: won 27 - 10 at Philadelphia Eagles

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rai1980.htm

Bump.

BELIEVE!!!!!!

.... And they won the NFCC by beating a team they LOST to in the regular season ....

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Still would have liked to have gone 11-5 ,but I think Belichick played it right, Kraft must have told him that good chance they were going to play Sat nite, which would be 3 games in a 13 day span. Need to be healthy ,going into the playoffs, and its not like we were not competitive... 10-6 is nice,but 3 loses at home, not nice...

i dont think kraft needed to tell BB anything. 5-2 at home, plus one game when the backup QB was ordered to throw the last play away.

My own opinion is that BB didnt really think MC would get it that close. After next year, dontcha think MC is worth more than AJ Feeley (a #2)?

Last edited:
NFL Total Access tonight had a Steve Sabol piece on the Green Bay Packers winning three Championships in a row - coincidentally, Green Bay survived a slew of injuries to win their third. Whether this is a good omen or not, it is an encouraging reminder of how history repeats itself.

In 1934, the NY Giants won the NFL Championship after posting an 8-5 regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes