PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“We’re onto Buffalo...”

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love if kc loses at Chicago sunday night, not sold on Chicago but its possible. That and us beating buffalo would clinch the 2, then for sure we could sit him. If a win is needed he’d probably be active again but used sparingly
Chicago has a good D. It's possible but my god they suck on O

As we all know, the game is essentially the NE O vs the BUF D. Our D will handle business accordingly; especially in a game of this magnitude.

Can you imagine if the Bills had used Gilmore correctly, re-signed him, and were now pairing him with White? Holy crap, what a secondary that would be. Would probably be the best 1-2 CB combo ever.

As we all know, the game is essentially the NE O vs the BUF D. Our D will handle business accordingly; especially in a game of this magnitude.
Fun Fact:

Since the CLE game (6 games) NE has averaged 20.3ppg. Their opponents have allowed 22ppg. Overall we are scoring 27 (which we all know we are not a 27ppg offense)

We can look the DAL game as being influenced by the weather and the robbery vs KC but it doesn't dispute the fact that opposing defenses tend to handle the Pats O.

NE typically keeps opponents 6 points less than their average.

BUF averages 21ppg and allows 16ppg

So if we believe in trends, NE will score 14 (or 21 if you go by the whole year) and BUF will score 15.

Basically, I believe that the Bills are HIGHLY likely to be the #5 seed....so if we lose vs. the Bills and beat the fish...we likely will be the #3 seed...meaning we would probably host the Steelers/Titans on wild card weekend...while the Bills go to Houston. Assuming, the Bills win in Houston on wild card weekend...our play-off path is likely Steelers/Titans, @KC, and @Baltimore...

I'd prefer to be the #2 seed and host KC, Houston, or the Bills at home on divisional weekend.

We need the BYE worst of any other team, IMO...especially with Edelman, Mason, Cannon, and J. Jones all hurt.....

Lawson is having a very good year

Over under on on-field bildos is set at 5.

I'm taking the over but can't help but wonder how those Bills fans are still sneaking them suckers into the stadium ;)
Isn’t the game in Foxborough?

giphy.gif

^^^LOL!

Bills fans as delusional as ever in their forum. This is the changing of the guard game! I’ve heard that the past 5 seasons from those dimwits.

Not surprising at all. I like it when we play them early in the year up there and they get all whooped up in a frenzy proclaiming "this is the year!"

lmao

Lawson is having a very good year

Well, he's in his 4th year and does about 30 meaningless tackles and about 5 neaningless sacks per year.

I am sorry, but for 19th overall pick, that's beyond mediocre.

Tough game Saturday, if Brady posts his averages vs playoff teams this season on Sunday - 52.23% completions and 68.56 rating the Patriots will not win UNLESS they win the turnover battle and/or get some +50 field position. Brady cannot move the ball consistently...let's hope it changes Sunday

Tough game Saturday, if Brady posts his averages vs playoff teams this season on Sunday - 52.23% completions and 68.56 rating the Patriots will not win UNLESS they win the turnover battle and/or get some +50 field position. Brady cannot move the ball consistently...let's hope it changes Sunday

I am kind of getting a good vibe in a sense that I think NE's offense will break out even against Buffalo's D.

I think yesterday was encouraging, save for the slow start and some missed opps by Brady (Sanu in the end zone, etc).

IMO, there is too much untapped talent there.

All signs are pointing to a very low scoring game.

So it will probably be 34-31 or something.

I think the hope is that they can win in Miami without him.
I hear ya, but I would not take any chances and at least dress Edelman for that game in case I need him. Also, the game is in Foxboro...

Going to bring this up now, so I am on record:

I think the Goodell ordered cheating for KC is tied to affecting seeding. He did this in Denver in 2015 with that phantom push off call on Gronk to get Manning and Denver homefield WHILE ignoring Manning's HGH cheating, covering that up. I think for that to be true, we're going to see officiating shenanigans again this week.

There is nothing Goodell and the NFL would love more than to see NE lose the division and have to go on the road.

Plus, it's a huge help financially to Pegula, a team that hasn't hosted a playoff game since the 1990s.

I hope to be wrong, and if I am, I will admit it. I just cannot understand how you can 3 factually incorrect (by rule), and not even apologize like other teams get.

Meanwhile, he's enabling another attempted "cheating" scandal in the same week. It can't be made up. It just can't.

I wish there was an alien emoji for masterpieces like that.

Were I to believe this about officiating edicts, I'd not waste any of my time following the NFL.
I DO believe that Goody does stuff like smothering Manning HGH investigations. Quite different.

Which is more for the look of the brand than an allegiance for or against any particular team. Do I think he favors some teams and wants the Pats to make room for another winner? Absolutely. But I'm with you; if I thought there was any ACTIVE fixing going on, I'd be as interested in the NFL as I am in the WWE.

I wish there was an alien emoji for masterpieces like that.

Perhaps a tinfoil hat emoji?

200w.gif

If the Patriots lose to the Bills, will Bill and Josh go out and sign Steven Jackson for the Miami game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots