Pick Results: MIA: 0% at NE: 0%

Sun
Sep 12th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Thought it stunk out loud. The movie is essentially one big metaphor... I think. I’m not sure. I mean, I consider myself a reasonably intelligent guy and would have to do a ton of thinking about it. But my GUESS is it’s about our darkest inner selves. I don’t know. The plot twist at the end was something I didn’t see coming. It wasn’t enough to save the movie in my eyes. In short, I don’t pay to go to a movie to think as hard as this movie wants you to without the payoff of an explanation of what the hell is going on. Some of you will probably like that. I did not. I thought “Get Out” was much, MUCH better.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Thought it stunk out loud. The movie is essentially one big metaphor... I think. I’m not sure. I mean, I consider myself a reasonably intelligent guy and would have to do a ton of thinking about it. But my GUESS is it’s about our darkest inner selves. I don’t know. The plot twist at the end was something I didn’t see coming. It wasn’t enough to save the movie in my eyes. In short, I don’t pay to go to a movie to think as hard as this movie wants you to without the payoff of an explanation of what the hell is going on. Some of you will probably like that. I did not. I thought “Get Out” was much, MUCH better.

I still mean to see this, for 4.99 on cable... I read enough about it that I know the twist, but far be it from me to spoil it when I haven't even seen it.

Regarding your "thinking too hard" comment... I loved Westworld, S1. In S2, I think they got super-lost, and kept foisting this BS on us on how it's "not for everyone" blah blah blah.

It's like the guy who keeps saying "know what I'm saying?" And you want to say "why no, no I don't know what you're saying, because you don't know what you're saying."

When that guy says you're too stoopit to follow him, you know you're dealing with a con man. There is no political punch line by board rules. :D

Nikolai

Football Atheist
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
I saw this and I agree. It was pretty meh. It might have been a decent movie but the delivery was a little obtuse and odd.

I personally thought the twist was a smidge lame.

supafly

Eff you, Shula
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
I agree with the OP. This movie sucked. The whole industry has sucked, lately. I don’t remember a year anything close to this bad. We’re stuck rooting for killer clowns to save the day in the beginning of Sept and Oct.

Ice_Ice_Brady

Team Bill's Worst Nightmare
PatsFans.com Supporter
I still mean to see this, for 4.99 on cable... I read enough about it that I know the twist, but far be it from me to spoil it when I haven't even seen it.

Regarding your "thinking too hard" comment... I loved Westworld, S1. In S2, I think they got super-lost, and kept foisting this BS on us on how it's "not for everyone" blah blah blah.

It's like the guy who keeps saying "know what I'm saying?" And you want to say "why no, no I don't know what you're saying, because you don't know what you're saying."

When that guy says you're too stoopit to follow him, you know you're dealing with a con man. There is no political punch line by board rules. :D

Ha! Exactly how I felt about Westworld S2.

captain insano

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
I agree with the OP. This movie sucked. The whole industry has sucked, lately. I don’t remember a year anything close to this bad. We’re stuck rooting for killer clowns to save the day in the beginning of Sept and Oct.
i used to love going to the movies. i stopped going. It's all crap. Remakes and bullsh!t.

Last edited:

aluminum seats

Totally agree that it sucked and that get out was much better. It was basically just a Time Machine rip off with a home invasion/zombie overlay. Hope his next one is better, I think it will be.

supafly

Eff you, Shula
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
i used to love going to the movies. i stopped going. It's all crap. Remakes and bullsh!t.
Yep, they’ve been desperate lately, but as a whole, it’s been a terrible year for movies in general. I recently read that some theaters had to slash prices for the first time in 25 years because attendance has been down so much in 2019.

captain insano

Yep, they’ve been desperate lately, but as a whole, it’s been a terrible year for movies in general. I recently read that some theaters had to slash prices for the first time in 25 years because attendance has been down so much in 2019.
my first job in high school was an usher at a theater.