1.On August 10th the Patriots waived Asa Watson. Watson received a $3,000 signing bonus on May 10 and had $17,000 of his salary guaranteed making his dead money hit $18,000 ($1,000 plus $17,000). Patriots lost $17,000 in cap space as a result of his waiver.
2.On August 10th the Patriots also waived Justin Jones. Jones received a $5,000 signing bonus on May 10 and had $10,000 of his salary guaranteed making his dead money hit $11,666 ($1,666 plus $10,000). Patriots lost $10,000 in cap space as a result of his waiver.
3.On August 10th the Patriots also waived Stephen Houston. Houston received a $7,500 signing bonus on May 10 and had $15,000 of his salary guaranteed making his dead money hit $17,500 ($2,500 plus $15,000). Patriots lost $15,000 in cap space as a result of his waiver.
4.On August 10th the Patriots signed Ben Hartsock. They released him on August 14th. These two transactions cancel each other out resulting in no cap impact on the Patriots.
5.On August 10th the Patriots also signed Terrence Miller. His signing did not affect the 2014 salary cap at all because he did not receive a signing bonus and his rookie salary was not large enough to crack the Top 51 list.
6.On August 10th the Patriots signed Steve Maneri. His signing cost the Patriots $150,000 in cap space as his $570,000 salary displaced a player with a $420,000 salary from the Top 51 list
7.On August 11th Aaron Dobson was removed from the PUP list leaving Jeremy Gallon as the sole Patriot remaining on the PUP list.
8.Also on August 11th Dominique Easley was removed from the NFI list leaving Chris Martin as the sole Patriot remaining on the NFI list.
9. On August 13th the Patriots traded Justin Green for Ben Bass. Trade had no cap impact as both players have the same salaries of $420,000.
10. Also on August 13th the Patriots traded a future conditional pick for Jerel Worthy. His signing cost the Patriots $328,928 in cap space as his $748,928 salary displaced Michael Buchanan’s $495,000 salary from the Top 51 list
11. On August 13th the Patriots waived/injured Terrence Miller clearing a roster spot for Worthy. On August 14th Miller cleared waivers and was placed on IR. On August 15th the Patriots and Miller reached an injury settlement removing him from the IR list.
12.Updated my blog post that lists the Patriots eligible for the practice squad
13. Updated my listing of the New England Patriots dead money.
14. Updated my 2015 salary cap preview.
15.The Patriots started the week with $6,553,532 in cap space. They ended the week with $6,107,604 in cap space. The Patriots ended the week with 89 players on their 90-man active roster and one player on Injured Reserve
|More Featured Content From PatsFans.com:|
Patriots Win Ugly Sunday
PODCAST: Week 2
Around the Internet: