Some things to look for tonight
Posted on November 13, 2008
Filed Under Uncategorized
- The Patriots are 6-0 when winning the coin toss, and 0-3 when losing the coin toss.
- 3: The number of receptions Randy Moss needs to pass Steve Largent for 16th place on the NFL’s all-time receptions list. Moss enters tonight’s game ranked 17th in league history with 817 career receptions, while Largent has 819 career receptions.
- 4: The number of receiving yards Randy Moss needs to pass Irving Fryar for 11th place on the NFL’s all-time receiving yardage list. Entering tonight, Moss is 12th with 12,782 career receiving yards, while Fryar has 12,785 career receiving yards.
- 4: The number of sacks Mike Vrabel needs to reach 50 sacks for his Patriots career, which would make him the sixth player in team history to reach 50 sacks in a New England uniform.
- 13: The number of consecutive games (including the playoffs) in which Wes Welker had had at least six receptions.
- 22: The number of consecutive regular-season games the Patriots have win when scoring first. The last time New England lost after scoring first was on Nov. 12, 2006 against the Jets.
- 38: The number of consecutive regular-season games the Patriots have won while leading at halftime, setting a post-merger NFL record. New England has not lost when holding a halftime lead since Dec. 20, 2004 at Miami.