A few numbers to watch for today:
Posted on November 9, 2008
Filed Under Uncategorized
- 1: The number of wins the Patriots need to reach 50 total victories at Gillette Stadium (including the postseason) since the venue opened in 2002.
- 3: The number of receptions Randy Moss needs to pass Henry Ellard and Keyshawn Johnson and tie Shannon Sharpe for 17th place on the NFL’s all-time reception list. Most enters today’s game with 812 career receptions, good for 20th in league history.
- 3: The number of TD receptions Randy Moss needs to pass Cris Carter for seventh place on the NFL’s all-time touchdown list.
- 4: The number of sacks Mike Vrabel needs to reach 50 sacks in his Patriots career, becoming the sixth player in team history to total 50 sacks in a New England uniform.
- 6: The number of receptions Wes Welker needs today to set a new NFL record for most consecutive games with six or more receptions to begin a season. (Welker has tied the record of eight, set by Jacksonville’s Jimmy Smith at the start of the 2001 season.)
- 75: The number of receiving yards Kevin Faulk needs to become the sixth NFL player to have at least 2,000 rushing yards and at least 3,000 receiving yards this decade. (He would join a group that includes Tiki Barber, Marshall Faulk, LaDainian Tomlinson, Brian Westbrook and Michael Pittman.)