Maurice Price Q&A, 9/24
Posted on September 24, 2008
Filed Under Uncategorized
The newest member of the Patriots, wide receiver Maurice Price (no relation) was swarmed by the New England media today down at Gillette Stadium. Here’s a small part of the Q&A he had with reporters.
- Where were you when you heard? I was actually here. I had a workout yesterday, yesterday afternoon. I stuck around and got my physical, and got the word back later on that they wanted to sign me to the 53.
- Before that, where else did you work out? I was in Seattle and in Baltimore.
- Kind of ironic that you started the season here as a visitor with the Chiefs — you were inactive — and now you’re here as a player… Yeah, it all happened so fast, I’m just trying to learn the offense as quickly as I can.
- Were you surprised that Kansas City let you go? I was very surprised. It caught me off guard — I definitely wasn’t expecting that. When I got the news … my agent told me not to worry, that teams are interested. They are calling. I mean, I was on a flight, working out for Seattle the next day.
- What kind of preconceived ideas did you have about the Patriots? None, really. I knew they were a good team, a good organization. I heard that they believe in putting the best players on the field, regardless of who you are or where you came from. That’s pretty much all I knew.
- Were you surprised at all? Was it Belichick on the other end of the line? Pioli? It was Pioli. I talked to Pioli on the phone. It was a little surprising, but you never know. I definitely wasn’t hating it, so it was all good news.
- You just said the Patriots have a history of putting the best players on the field and the fact that they chose you, what does that do for your confidence? It does a lot for my confidence, because coming from a small school [Charleston Southerm] — the only player from that school to make it to the NFL, it says that I have an opportunity, regardless of where I came from. It does a lot for my confidence.