PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zolak: Thomas and Springs are the "bad apples" in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, for that. Yeah, there is a cancerous tumor that is affecting the surrounding area.

Interestingly, these two overpaid non-performers are eating a chunk out of the cap.

Thomas

2010: $9,407,280
2011: $10,200,000

Springs

2010: $3,257,280
2011: $3,757,280

http://patscap.com/futureyears.html

does anyone know hoe much damage it will cost to dump these two?

On route 1, that's a 15 minute drive

Some days yes, some days no. I had a day where it took me 3 and a half hours to get to work one day, and I lived less than 5 miles from work.

BB is doing what all businesses are doing these days -- asking employees to DO MORE for the sake of the bottom line. Albeit a different set of circumstances, the message was to 'come to work early and stay late'. Any player who is cutting it that close, is likely not worried about proving to Belichick that they're on board. I hope it was not the case for Moss/Guyton/Burgess, but oh well. We'll have to see this Sunday, to gauge where the players are mentally.

and what a big loss it would be to snuff these d bags:rolleyes:

BB has to know this by now. Why the **** is springs still on this team? Same goes with AD. They are a complete waste

Thomas is still on the team because they can't afford to cut him, cap-wise. Springs is a bit of a mystery, I suspect they are holding onto him until the end of the year for cap reasons as well.

So, a guy who does the RIGHT thing by watching the film and then calls into his employer to let him know he'd be late is, all of a sudden, a bad apple?

Anyone who lives in New England should damn well know how snarled the roads up there get when the first snow hits. Like clockwork, what should take 30 minutes can take 2 or 3 hours.. Or longer.

Because we don't know the REAL reason for those 4 guys being sent home, its hard for anyone to really speculate as to what the issue was.

What we do know is that Thomas will probably be gone at the end of the season, either by asking for his release or the Patriots showing him the door before he can ask.

Is there any conclusive evidence that AD was watching film outside of his word?

Accoring to Miguel's cap page AD is a 7.1M Cap hit. Springs however is only 210K.

So, a guy who does the RIGHT thing by watching the film and then calls into his employer to let him know he'd be late is, all of a sudden, a bad apple?

Anyone who lives in New England should damn well know how snarled the roads up there get when the first snow hits. Like clockwork, what should take 30 minutes can take 2 or 3 hours.. Or longer.

Because we don't know the REAL reason for those 4 guys being sent home, its hard for anyone to really speculate as to what the issue was.

What we do know is that Thomas will probably be gone at the end of the season, either by asking for his release or the Patriots showing him the door before he can ask.

He's been a "bad apple" all season long, look at the comments hes been making. It hasnt just been this week.

You say that a drive that takes 30 minutes can take 2 or 3 hours...yes thats true, but why did all by 4 of the guys arrive on time. They all live generally in the same area. If you showed true dedication to your organization you would do everything in your power to get there on time. People are acting like it was the blizzard of '78 out there, that was nothing compared to New England standards.

We do know that the REAL reason for them being sent home was because they were late. Thats what they have all said when commenting on it. What evidence is there that that wasnt the REAL reason?

Is anybody else tired about hearing about Thomas? I had the TV on the NFL Network this morning and his locker room comments came on, I changed the channel to TSN (Canadian ESPN) and no word of a lie, the same locker room interview was on...:mad:

I can't believe Bill still has the guy around when he's talking so much ****. It shows how desperate we are for someone to step up I guess.

I bet when Sunday comes...there will be a couple healthy scratches.

Or maybe not. The last time AD was benched, he whined about it. I know I don't want to hear that noise again.

Why did they think it was embarrasing? I also don't get the whole mock "sorry" thing.

Because reporters were asking if they felt they let their teammates down and if they should apologize to their teammates. They were mocking the reporters.

Thomas is still on the team because they can't afford to cut him, cap-wise. Springs is a bit of a mystery, I suspect they are holding onto him until the end of the year for cap reasons as well.

In an uncapped year you may have to have lost some FAs in order to be allowed to sign some.

In an uncapped year you may have to have lost some FAs in order to be allowed to sign some.

Cutting players under contract has nothing to do with losing FAs.

He's been a "bad apple" all season long, look at the comments hes been making. It hasnt just been this week.

You say that a drive that takes 30 minutes can take 2 or 3 hours...yes thats true, but why did all by 4 of the guys arrive on time. They all live generally in the same area. If you showed true dedication to your organization you would do everything in your power to get there on time. People are acting like it was the blizzard of '78 out there, that was nothing compared to New England standards.

We do know that the REAL reason for them being sent home was because they were late. Thats what they have all said when commenting on it. What evidence is there that that wasnt the REAL reason?

You clearly don't drive much do you?? Maybe you should get a clue. As I mentioned in the other thread, conditions can change in a matter of less than 8 minutes, from being clear to being backed up for 3 miles. In a matter of 8 minutes.

The problem with you people is you have no concept and many of you bounce to the tune of the mediots... It's a joke.

No, we don't know that the REAL reason was ONLY because they were late. As I pointed out, even others such as Bruschi came out and said he'd never seen people sent home for being late.

What evidence do you have that there isn't MORE to it than JUST being late?

Also, considering that Moss, Guyton, and Burgess haven't said a word, you're talking out your rear end by saying "they all said it was cause they were late". The media REPORTED that, but Belichick told them NOTHING to support it.

will springs should have never been signed and AD has a bone to pick with BB

they should both be goin at the end of the season

does anyone know hoe much damage it will cost to dump these two?

In an uncapped year, it won't matter. Their signing bonuses are sunk costs, they've already been paid. All that can change now is the cap figure, and without a cap the cap figure becomes completely meaningless. That's why I'd be shocked if they aren't both cut (or, against all odds, traded) once the season's over.

Last edited:
You clearly don't drive much do you?? Maybe you should get a clue. As I mentioned in the other thread, conditions can change in a matter of less than 8 minutes, from being clear to being backed up for 3 miles. In a matter of 8 minutes.

The problem with you people is you have no concept and many of you bounce to the tune of the mediots... It's a joke.

No, we don't know that the REAL reason was ONLY because they were late. As I pointed out, even others such as Bruschi came out and said he'd never seen people sent home for being late.

Also, considering that Moss, Guyton, and Burgess haven't said a word, you're talking out your rear end by saying "they all said it was cause they were late". The media REPORTED that, but Belichick told them NOTHING to support it.

Do you ever make a post without insulting someone?

The fact that you have not been banned blows my mind.

Cutting players under contract has nothing to do with losing FAs.

If you cut Springs now you don't lose him as a FA later.

Edit: Oh. Springs' contract lasts several years. Never mind!

Last edited:

If the conditions around Foxboro were really that big of an issue then more than just 4 people would have been late, its as simple as that. AD even said he didnt know it was going to snow, maybe if he knew he would have left earlier. If there was like a major accident or terrible road conditions then Belichick would most likely not have acted like he did. When 57 people make it on time and 4 dont, those 4 deserve to be punished.

Burgess and Guyton did actually speak today and they pretty much confirmed that the reason for being sent home was because they were late. This was from WEEI.com today,

"Burgess, Guyton, Randy Moss and Adalius Thomas were all sent home for being late due to Wednesday morning snow storm.

“I’ve got to be disappointed in myself. My biggest disappointment is in me because I lead by example. I don’t lead by rah-rah,” added Burgess, who said he will try to leave more time in the future when he knows snow is in the forecast"

Theres my evidence, clear as day.

Last edited:
will springs should have never been signed and AD has a bone to pick with BB

they should both be goin at the end of the season

BB desperate after realizing that his secondary was weak as crap.......signed springs who wasted several good years in washington......and the guy has nothing left....and is a jacka## to boot........They need to cut his worthless azzz........but chalk this up to another belichick blunder.......he and adalius who has been horribly bad here.....are examples of his poor decisions with FA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down