Welcome to PatsFans.com

Zolak on Morris' Injury

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Captain Cool, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Cool

Captain Cool On the Roster

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

In the Pats Fifth Quarter, Zolak was talking about Morris' injury and how it was caused by Neal falling on him and he said that he snapped his collarbone. It was said in a pretty subdued manner, but would he know better about what the injury actually is rather than the generic "chest injury" that has been reported? The general feeling is that he'll be back in a few weeks, but could it actually be a broken collarbone?

2. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

If it's a broken collarbone he's gone for the season. So I doubt it is.

3. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

A snapped collar bone seems consistent with Sammy's symptoms. He was in great pain, as from a broken bone. He was seen with his arm in a sling. He is rumored to be out for an extended period.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats are concealing the severity of the injury for their own Machiavellian purposes.

I hope Zolak's wrong, because I enjoyed watching Sammy run and he would be a great asset late in the year. Still, it's time to take the training wheels off Maroney.

4. RayClay

RayClay Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,514 / 19 / -17

#75 Jersey

I've had a broken collarbone. You don't walk around moving your arms like he did.

And yes, easily a season ender, there would be zero hesitation with the IR.

5. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I saw an interview with Hobbs this week and he clearly referred to it as a collar bone. That said, bones heal. They actually knit together on their own in about 10 days (unless it's displaced which would be corrected surgically) and the pain subsides once they do. Would be fully healed in 6-8 weeks. The playoffs don't start for another 12 weeks with a bye.

Unlike a knee or ankle or shoulder or ligament/tendon injury it's a more clear cut rehab and he's likely worth the wait. When Bill shuts a guy down it's usually because there are questions about the potential to rehab or there is a need to move on.

6. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

chest collarbone......I agree if it was serious he'd be IRed..the fact that he is not to mean is an indication that with good healing and no set backs he'll be back in 5-6 weeks...

7. RayClay

RayClay Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,514 / 19 / -17

#75 Jersey

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1038565

"According to the source, Morris injured the bone connecting the sternum to the clavicle and left the stadium in a sling and in excruciating pain. He could miss a month. If there’s a positive, it’s that the preliminary diagnosis did not reveal any broken bones.
    "

Here's Tomase's take. The sternum is in the chest. It connects to the collarbone (clavicle, which is what people that know what they're talking about call it).

If he actually snapped his collarbone I don't think he'd be playing running back in the NFL this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.