Status
Not open for further replies.

borg

Pro Bowl Player
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
On 98.5 this AM, Zolak mentioned to Bertrand that Dobson got the start over LaFell to begin the game and LaFell was standing away from the substitution personnel on the sideline. They casually wondered out loud if LaFell had been benched for a series.
Coincidence? Controversy? Contrived?
Did LaFell make a Welker-like foot joke mid week?

It could be a lot of things. LaFell is good but he's no superstar and he wasn't even considered good before last season so he's not guaranteed to play every snap on reputation.

I can't imagine having to listen to Zolak do a game. Forget about the fact that he quit on the Pats during last year's Ratbirds playoff game. I'm just talking about how he sounds. He's a scratchier, non decipherable version of Johnny Most. Every time I hear him get excited doing a call I get an urge to clear my throat.

I would hope that's the case. Either way, I can't see any situation where Dobson should get the start over Lafell unless Belichick was high on drugs.

I think who starts and who doesn't is an overblown thing when it comes to WR/TE/RB, especially on this team. There may be things Dobson does better than LaFell, and those things were needed on the early game plan, with every intention of LaFell getting more snaps by game's end. We'll never know because Dobson got hurt early, but I'm not going to start reading into who's "starting" in this offense.

Well Huge Dropoff from LaFell to a guy who's going to be out of this league. I would take LaFell's catch radius over Dropson's zero catch radius any day of the week.

Well Huge Dropoff from LaFell to a guy who's going to be out of this league. I would take LaFell's catch radius over Dropson's zero catch radius any day of the week.

Dude made a good catch in traffic on a play where he got hurt and this is your assessment.

PATSFANS.COM

That was perplexing. There is never a game-plan specific reason LaFell loses snaps to Dobson.

uhhh we need him with now really no WRs for short term maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey