PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zolak: 'Adalius Thomas not getting it done'

Status
Not open for further replies.
AD is turning out to be a bust. Not that much of a bust as a player, except as a pass rusher, just painful there, but given the money he is making, he is a BUST.

Plus he's some kind of union thug, clubhouse lawyer. I say get rid of him next year. Cutaroo.

What is he being ASKED to do?
Any CLUE?
Hard to get to the QB when your being asked to COVER instead!!

Clubhouse lawyer, who tells ya this stuff?
Cut him next year, for who?
Another player that Bill will ask to drop into coverage because he is quick and can do it, AND can stop the run?

Get a clue........for Cripes sake!!

I get as mad as anyone, but if the guy isn't being asked to rush the passer then you should be mad at someone else, as he is doing his job.
I personally want to see him blowing by any punk they add to pick him up, he is fast and strong so there aren't many RBS or even TEs that can handle him on a consistent basis, but I'm not the coach......I think in a system that he is asked to rush the passer he would be VERY effective at it.....somewhere else of course........

AD is turning out to be a bust. Not that much of a bust as a player, except as a pass rusher, just painful there, but given the money he is making, he is a BUST.

Plus he's some kind of union thug, clubhouse lawyer. I say get rid of him next year. Cutaroo.
I'm all for calling out underperforming players, but it's clear as day that's not his role at the moment.

God.. some people.

To be fair to Zo....It was started with Tanguay before that...as Tanguay said he had damaging infor on Thomas's numbers...and he and Zo attacked him and Burgess all morning...so please give credit to GT as well..

To be fair to Zo....It was started with Tanguay before that...as Tanguay said he had damaging infor on Thomas's numbers...and he and Zo attacked him and Burgess all morning...so please give credit to GT as well..

Tang gay(Thanx Perk!! heheh :D) and Zo are usually OK, they do stir it up a bit, but usually OK..
FELGER OTOH is JAG that TRIES HARD to stir up trouble, and IMO he only says mentally challenged things to stir up controversy....
He is PATHETIC.

Tang gay(Thanx Perk!! heheh :D) and Zo are usually OK, they do stir it up a bit, but usually OK..
FELGER OTOH is JAG that TRIES HARD to stir up trouble, and IMO he only says mentally challenged things to stir up controversy....
He is PATHETIC.
Agreed totally....

Your post is spot on. After Adalius Thomas missed half of last season, and after the Pats missed the playoffs, was not the time to call a little press conference promising to "fake injuries" if he is not given a raise for an increased schedule. Hey Adalius, buddy, your stealing huge paychecks every week as it is, leave the clubhouse lawyer stuff to the team's player representative.

I guess there's only 1 legitimate lawyer on this team ... Belichick has spoken.

I guess there's only 1 legitimate lawyer on this team ... Belichick has spoken.

A lot of posters on this board called Zolak a fool on this very thread. Zolak was spot on. Seau, Ninkovich, Woods, and Guyton all got the playing time over Adalius.

A lot of posters on this board called Zolak a fool on this very thread. Zolak was spot on. Seau, Ninkovich, Woods, and Guyton all got the playing time over Adalius.

But Zo IS a fool

Noone on this forum knows WHY AT was left out today, all we can do is guess.....

I personally didn't think he was only brought in to be a shadow, I thought he was brought in to rush the passer as well, but with that safe defense they always call he is stuck shadowing a RB/TE/WR/ granny across the street......

I'm obviously missing something.

Gasper of the Globe reporting that A. Thomas was not at Gillette today after his healthy scratch.

Maybe this is who Ellis Hobbs was addressing when he implied "faking injuries".

Whats the over/under on how many months till BB is standing in front of a podium saying, "Adalius Thomas? It just didn't work out. We're moving forward."

Whats the over/under on how many months till BB is standing in front of a podium saying, "Adalius Thomas? It just didn't work out. We're moving forward."

Pretty damn soon. This will be asked by reporters the next time the Pats sign a big free agent over 30 on defense. They'll ask something like, "Are you worried he could end up like Adalius Thomas?" When it's all said and done, Thomas may be on the list of biggest free agents flops of all time.

Last edited:
Perhaps. But even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut. In this case the squirrel hit the motherload.

Like Zolak or not, you do not just take a shot in the dark that a player of AT's reputation is not getting it done. I know there are those saying "nobody knows why AT was inactive", however, unless AT had a family emergency or had an injury pop up the night before the game (unlikely since BB did not elude to that)......it also is not a shot in the dark to say AT was inactive because he is not getting it done.

I personally don't think you get into BB's dog house because the guy in front of you is playing better, I think you get into his dog house cause you aren't playing as good as the guy in front of you AND you are not doing what the coaching staff is expecting you to do. I think Galloway fits that category too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes