PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zolak: 'Adalius Thomas not getting it done'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for them to cut this guy next year. What a huge waste he was.

10M for what exactly?

10M for what exactly?

The Jets game last year, when he threw Favre around like a rag doll, and Washington to boot.

That was worth 10mil of Kraft's money to me.

I rewatched the Denver game on my DVR last night and payed special attention to AD since my reaction like that of others was that he was invisible in this game. What I found was that they had him dropping into a zone on every pass play and they were not throwing to his area and when Orton did turn that way he was making the correct read of either coming up on the running back or dropping to the correct space where a wide receiver was located.

On running plays he didn't seem to be getting off of blocks to make plays however he was containing his gap responsibilities and others were coming in a making the plays.

Over all that's certainly not the description of the impact player I was expecting but it does seem like he's "doing his job" for the most part.

It does lead to the question of why they are not rushing the passer with him more often.

Can nobody fill his pass coverage responsibilities?

Has he lost the burst to make him effective in this role?

Does blitzing him not make sense because it leaves other less experienced players to fill the gap?

Is it because that is Spring's side and they don't want to expose him to being isolated in that much space?

I love that the Patriots tell the media squat and at the same time I'd love to know answers such as this one.

AD was covering TE Tony Scheffler most of the game and he had he's best game this year yes it was only 4 rec 45 yerd's

but i cant see why they need a 7 million dollar LB covering a TE that befor sunday never got more then 3 rec this year

right now it looks like AD and burgess are just bull rushing

and that may work when your 6.6 310lbs like seymour

but when your 6.2 260lbs like AD and burgess your not going to bull rush a 6.5 340lbs OT

but the fact is AD is 32 burgess is 31 and TBC is 29

they need a upgrade at LB but it will have to wait until next year

guyton is more of a OLB so the pats need a ILB and a OLB

FA..... OLB 2010

DeMarcus Ware

Shawne Merriman

Karlos Dansby

Thomas Howard

FA..... ILB 2010

Kirk Morrison

DeMeco Ryans

Derrick Johnson

D’Qwell Jackson

one of dose LB need to be signed next year and they need to draft a few

zolak is correct, he has been overrated and not as good the past two years

I would kill a man if it meant that the Pats would somehow end up with DeMarcus Ware. Dansby would be pretty awesome too- I'm still a little peeved that we drafted Watson over him, and I like Watson.

I would kill a man if it meant that the Pats would somehow end up with DeMarcus Ware. Dansby would be pretty awesome too- I'm still a little peeved that we drafted Watson over him, and I like Watson.

That's gold.

Re: Zolak : 'Adalius Thomas not getting it done'

People shouldn't take this lightly. If there's one thing Zolak knows about playing in the NFL, it's "not getting it done".

HA!....exactly....

in other news Eugene Chung says that Randy Moss is dogging it....

puh-leeeeeze....

DeMarcus Ware would be a very nice pickup. I have a friend who's a cowboys fan and I've told him at least 10 times already this season... "We're taking Ware from you...you can't stop us..." heh heh- he gets pissed! :D

10M for what exactly?

Don't forget that 65 yard INT TD return against the Chargers in week 2 of 2007.

Zolak would know about not getting it done in the NFL. Check out the bum's stats when he played.

Oh come on.

If athletic success was used as a barometer of understanding the game then Eric ****erson should be in the Sports Broadcaster Hall of Fame.

And NONE of us should be able to talk.

Oh come on.

If athletic success was used as a barometer of understanding the game then Eric ****erson should be in the Sports Broadcaster Hall of Fame.

And NONE of us should be able to talk.

Well, you could be right about that.

Adalius Thomas made the Pro Bowl one year. Afterwards, he was the
top rated free agernt. He then signed with the Patriots at a slight
discount. He has not been as good with the Patriots as with the
Ravens.

Thomas was one of the few vocal critics of the Seymour trade. Most
of the other players were disappointed but accepted the trade as NFL
business. Maybe the trade has affected his psyche,

Baltimore is desperate for a linebacker. The Pats might trade Thomas to
the Ravens for a #2 draft pick in 2011 and Prescott Burgess.

Not too bad of an idea. However, we are a bit thin at linebacker. I don't think anyone wants to see Alexander in on reserve duty because Prescott Burgess is learning the system.

IMHO Zolak is becoming the Felger of the ex player set, which means making shocking statements for the sake of the shock. Based on everlong's post, Thomas did a good job of....doing his job in the last game. If he's not getting the sacks that we all thought he would, then its an issue with the how the STAFF is using him, not how well he is playing.

He's also a victim of what I call the JD Drew effect. Which is when a "good" player is damned simply because he was lucky enough to get a better contract than his ability deserved. Maybe AD's over paid, but THAT's not his fault. He's doing a good job at what they are asking him to do.

That being said, I'd much rather have HIM taking 20 rushes at the the QB than Burgess.

He needs to take a pay cut in the off season.

Yes! He is not a bad player, but that's just way too much money for his kind of production. If he doesn't want to take a cut, we could trade him and draft a good 2nd round linebacker. The rookie would make less than half of what he does.

Last edited:
AD was covering TE Tony Scheffler most of the game and he had he's best game this year yes it was only 4 rec 45 yerd's

but i cant see why they need a 7 million dollar LB covering a TE that befor sunday never got more then 3 rec this year

right now it looks like AD and burgess are just bull rushing

and that may work when your 6.6 310lbs like seymour

but when your 6.2 260lbs like AD and burgess your not going to bull rush a 6.5 340lbs OT

but the fact is AD is 32 burgess is 31 and TBC is 29

they need a upgrade at LB but it will have to wait until next year

guyton is more of a OLB so the pats need a ILB and a OLB

FA..... OLB 2010

DeMarcus Ware (Jerry Jones most likely will find a way to keep him)

Shawne Merriman (some bad team will pick him up; fortunately, that means that same bad team won't be drafting a line backer. More for us).

Karlos Dansby (He probably will be resigned. If he he hits free agency, he's still too expensive to sign.)

Thomas Howard (It's possible. Keep an eye out for him. But, we should focus on getting young players in the draft and not expensive free agents.)

FA..... ILB 2010

Kirk Morrison (see my comments on Howard)

DeMeco Ryans (He is going to command big money. I doubt we can afford him).

Derrick Johnson (He's an athletic freak, but he's an under achiever. Also, he's want a lot of money).

D’Qwell Jackson (Strong candidate. Very Strong! However, I doubt Cleveland lets him go. This kid would be like the Leigh Bodden of Line backers.)

one of dose LB need to be signed next year and they need to draft a few

Very interesting list.

Zolak had a lot of experience in "not getting it done", just ask Gresch.

AD is turning out to be a bust. Not that much of a bust as a player, except as a pass rusher, just painful there, but given the money he is making, he is a BUST.

Plus he's some kind of union thug, clubhouse lawyer. I say get rid of him next year. Cutaroo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes