PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zolak: 'Adalius Thomas not getting it done'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Zolak : 'Adalius Thomas not getting it done'

I think the ineffectiveness of TE's has more to do with Brandon McGowan than it does with AD. AD has been MIA.

QB12

That's a great point. This is a great opportunity for McGowan to play on a good team. I know he's been injured and missed some time w/ other teams but I'm glad we have him at that position and the guy plays with passion.

He has been very effective on teams TE's.

AD will pick it up. We all know where he plays best and we'll start seeing different stuff from the defense. We have a few players on the Oline and Dline that may get more time.

"Practice execution equals reality"-BB

I think we'll be pretty good for the playoffs and AD will make some big plays to get us there..

I share your Guyton love-fest. I'm not sure about him replacing AD, but maybe. I'm also not willing to discount Woods. If the 3-4 is going to come back HARD now, I think we're going to see Pierre for 4-6 sacks this year and some critical PD's.

Woods has been pretty bad in the limited play he's had this year. I don't want to read into that because I think it's hard to come in on situational downs for a lot of players and be asked to make an impact. You have to be able to get some kind of rhythm or feel for the game. On the other hand, Butler seems to be able to do it whenever he's called upon.:D

I have high hopes for Woods. I really wish he would man up and do something when he's given the opportunity.

sure ... when they make it that far.
But they're not getting open so it's working well.

I'm like many in wishing Thomas would get to blitz more,
rush the QB more ... but Bill doesn't use him that way. :(

What are you talking about "when they get that far?" McGowan is picking up the TE at or near the line of scrimmage. Even Meriweather, when not blitzing, is walking up to the line and picking up the TE. The better TE's are not being allowed to get down field uncovered.

People shouldn't take this lightly. If there's one thing Zolak knows about playing in the NFL, it's "not getting it done".

Classic!!!

People shouldn't take this lightly. If there's one thing Zolak knows about playing in the NFL, it's "not getting it done".

Post of the year

I remember that infamous playoff game...

I actually like listening to Zo on 98.5 mainly because I can't get EEI AM and can get FM, but it was clear on the radio yesterday that Zo was doing what all talk hosts do, advocating a controversial view on a topic and stimulating calls.

Thomas is at his best when he's blitzing, he led the team at one point last season in sacks and even then only finished second after missing games with a broken arm.

Adalius Thomas made the Pro Bowl one year. Afterwards, he was the
top rated free agernt. He then signed with the Patriots at a slight
discount. He has not been as good with the Patriots as with the
Ravens.

Thomas was one of the few vocal critics of the Seymour trade. Most
of the other players were disappointed but accepted the trade as NFL
business. Maybe the trade has affected his psyche,

Baltimore is desperate for a linebacker. The Pats might trade Thomas to
the Ravens for a #2 draft pick in 2011 and Prescott Burgess.

Last edited:

Post of the year

I actually like listening to Zo on 98.5 mainly because I can't get EEI AM and can get FM, but it was clear on the radio yesterday that Zo was doing what all talk hosts do, advocating a controversial view on a topic and stimulating calls.

That's the thing that has always rubbed me the wrong way about Zo, he's willingness to make an ass of himself to sell whatever show they're willing to let him be on. Being paired with Gresh out of the gate and surviving to become a multi mediot just proved what "Zo knows" is how to pander for whichever demographic he thinks will keep him employed. Those two could pen a bestseller about how to parlay a lackluster college or pro football career into a lucrative sports media career virtually absent access or insight.

Post of the year

Fire up iTunes, select radio > sports and it's like the fifth one down. Clear as a bell and you get to hear the most brilliant commercials ever sent into space.

Where would we be without Dragon Naturally Speaking?

Learning a skill?:confused2:

Just teasing. I know a few people that use it and absolutely love it.

Learning a skill?:confused2:

Just teasing. I know a few people that use it and absolutely love it.

I used for dictation of a short story once. It's ok and maybe it's improved since then, but I found I spent so much time on punctuation and correcting wrong guesses it messed up the creative flow.

That Boston accent must make the program crazy!

Fire up iTunes, select radio > sports and it's like the fifth one down. Clear as a bell and you get to hear the most brilliant commercials ever sent into space.

Occasionally EEI interrupts the commercials with snippets of sports talk, but station management is doing their best to stamp that out.

Occasionally EEI interrupts the commercials with snippets of sports talk, but station management is doing their best to stamp that out.

Actually, it doesn't seem that bad since they spread the commercials out. I wish they'd shut up about the Sox though. Geez... ;)

Thanks, but I was referring to my ancient car radio and the 50 mile NNE distance from Boston. FM is clear, EEI unlistenable. EASY to get radio over the net.

Thanks, but I was referring to my ancient car radio and the 50 mile NNE distance from Boston. FM is clear, EEI unlistenable. EASY to get radio over the net.

Ah, gotcha.

Zolak would know about not getting it done in the NFL. Check out the bum's stats when he played.

I used for dictation of a short story once. It's ok and maybe it's improved since then, but I found I spent so much time on punctuation and correcting wrong guesses it messed up the creative flow.

That Boston accent must make the program crazy!

Check out the computer generated WEEI transcripts of Coffee with the Coach if you want a real howl. Gives new meaning to decifering Belichickspeak...

I personally don't think they are using him the way it shows on the stat sheet, he isn't being brought hard like i envisioned when he was acquired.
It seems they really would prefer he cover the TE and RBS coming out of the backfield.....

I think if he were rushing the passer more, you would hear his name more often....
Burgess OTOH seems completely invisible to me.

AD is a prototypical SLB in the 4-3, Mayo is a prototypical MLB in the 4-3 and Guyton is a prototypical WLB in the 4-3. You will excuse me if I don't think the Pats will move all of these guys out of their natural positions because Zolak says so. See Bruschi's comments in Today's Reiss piece that the Pats will stay predominantly 4-3.

Comcast Sportsnet tonight 10/15, 6:30 pm. Scott Zolak speculates that Seau is being brought in to play the middle with Mayo, as the Pats revert back to a 3-4 defense. Zolak says Guyton will move outside to replace Adalius Thomas !
Zolak says that Thomas is "not getting it done". Wow. I had to rewind this segment twice because I could not believe what I was hearing. Hey, I love Guyton as much as the next guy but he is an inexperience minimum salary undrafted F/A. He's going to replace one of the most expensive free agents in Patriots history? I'll believe it when I see it.

PS........Zolak also unkind to Derrick Burgess.

Guyton taking over for AD at OLB? I don't see it. Adalius has played solidly but unspectacularly. I am disappointed that he comes off in some nickel packages, but with so many 4 man lines in the nickel, that is to be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back