PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zolak: 'Adalius Thomas not getting it done'

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowell33

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Comcast Sportsnet tonight 10/15, 6:30 pm. Scott Zolak speculates that Seau is being brought in to play the middle with Mayo, as the Pats revert back to a 3-4 defense. Zolak says Guyton will move outside to replace Adalius Thomas !
Zolak says that Thomas is "not getting it done". Wow. I had to rewind this segment twice because I could not believe what I was hearing. Hey, I love Guyton as much as the next guy but he is an inexperience minimum salary undrafted F/A. He's going to replace one of the most expensive free agents in Patriots history? I'll believe it when I see it.

PS........Zolak also unkind to Derrick Burgess.

Re: Zolak : 'Adalius Thomas not getting it done'

Comcast Sportsnet tonight 10/15, 6:30 pm. Scott Zolak speculates that Seau is being brought in to play the middle with Mayo, as the Pats revert back to a 3-4 defense. Zolak says Guyton will move outside to replace Adalius Thomas !
Zolak says that Thomas is "not getting it done". Wow. I had to rewind this segment twice because I could not believe what I was hearing. Hey, I love Guyton as much as the next guy but he is an inexperience minimum salary undrafted F/A. He's going to replace one of the most expensive free agents in Patriots history? I'll believe it when I see it.

PS........Zolak also unkind to Derrick Burgess.

Zolak is a moron

No TE has done anything against us this year ... Thomas is doing his job. Like they said on WEEI today - Thomas may not be worth what he's paid but that's a seperate issue. His job is to cover the TE or a RB and he's doing it well because we're not seeing him much.

these idiots used to say this crap about Ty Law until they realized the ball was simply not going near him ... the same is true for Thomas. If the ball was going his way he would have more tackles ... but it's not because his man is covered tightly.

Zolak is a moron

Uh, I don't think so.

So far this season at least, AD has taken Seymour's seat at the the 'Of course I'm Overrated' table.

QB12

I think the ineffectiveness of TE's has more to do with Brandon McGowan than it does with AD. AD has been MIA.

QB12

Zolak is a moron

He may just be that, but I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss what he's saying. The sad fact is that Adalius has not produced much at all this season. In fact, this may be his worst season to date at this point. Obviously, the season is still very young, but I feel I've seen more from Guyton than I have from AD. Also, I'm not all too happy with Mr. Burgess either.

Also, I agree with QB12. The safeties are keeping opposing TE's at bay. Anyone who thinks that the superb TE coverage is due to AD is just wrong.

Last edited:

Also, I agree with QB12. The safeties are keeping opposing TE's at bay. Anyone who thinks that the superb TE coverage is due to AD is just wrong.

Adalius Thomas drops into coverage on most downs. You can find him in zone coverage ... usually over the middle. that he has 15 tackles this year is mostly because they are throwing away from him and not at him.

People shouldn't take this lightly. If there's one thing Zolak knows about playing in the NFL, it's "not getting it done".

dyam straight

If Mayo and Seau are inside that still leaves 2 outside spots for Guyton and Thomas.

Hey, I love Guyton as much as the next guy but he is an inexperience minimum salary undrafted F/A. He's going to replace one of the most expensive free agents in Patriots history? I'll believe it when I see it.
I love must love Guyton more than the next guy, because I think he can play better than some drafted ILBs that would have made more money than him except that they got cut.

The problem with evaluating players only by size of their paycheck is that in 2001 a mimimum salary late round draft pick couldn't have replaced our $100 million dollar Pro-bowl QB.

I love must love Guyton more than the next guy, because I think he can play better than some drafted ILBs that would have made more money than him except that they got cut.

The problem with evaluating players only by size of their paycheck is that in 2001 a mimimum salary late round draft pick couldn't have replaced our $100 million dollar Pro-bowl QB.

I share your Guyton love-fest. I'm not sure about him replacing AD, but maybe. I'm also not willing to discount Woods. If the 3-4 is going to come back HARD now, I think we're going to see Pierre for 4-6 sacks this year and some critical PD's.

If Mayo and Seau are inside that still leaves 2 outside spots for Guyton and Thomas.

Guyton and Tully Banta Cain on the outside.

Guyton and Tully Banta Cain on the outside.
I haven't played in the NFL like Zolak but I don't think Thomas will be on the sideline with Tully, Guyton and Seau all out on the field. I think Tully will be more of a situational pass rusher with Burgess than a starting OLB.

Last edited:

thomas is such a huge bust. Was supposed to be Superman but I guess we must have Kryptonite on this team cause he's JAG.

I guess he's pretty good in coverage although I think he lacks quicks. Rushing the QB though, it's painful, he's just bad.

10M a year for this guy? Duane Starks part II, I think.

Your completely right. I truly believed that A.Thomas was set up for a monster year. I thought it was kind of comical when he held his little press conference this summer, after missing half the season. Thomas, you remember, promised to fake injuries in order to skip regular season games if the schedule was expanded to 18 games. I figured that if he's playing clubhouse lawyer, he must be ready for a monster season to back up his mouth. My mistake.

I haven't played in the NFL like Zolak but I don't think Thomas will be on the sideline with Tully, Guyton and Seau all out on the field. I think Tully will be more of a situational pass rusher with Burgess than a starting OLB.

Hard to argue your point, but I might add Banta Cain has made big plays both against the run and rushing the passer.

Adalius Thomas drops into coverage on most downs. You can find him in zone coverage ... usually over the middle. that he has 15 tackles this year is mostly because they are throwing away from him and not at him.

There is no doubt that he's dropping back in zone, but I submit to you again that the safeties are mainly responsible for keeping the likes of Tony Gonzalez under wraps.

I share your Guyton love-fest. I'm not sure about him replacing AD, but maybe. I'm also not willing to discount Woods. If the 3-4 is going to come back HARD now, I think we're going to see Pierre for 4-6 sacks this year and some critical PD's.

Woods has been pretty bad in the limited play he's had this year. I don't want to read into that because I think it's hard to come in on situational downs for a lot of players and be asked to make an impact. You have to be able to get some kind of rhythm or feel for the game. On the other hand, Butler seems to be able to do it whenever he's called upon.:D

I have high hopes for Woods. I really wish he would man up and do something when he's given the opportunity.

There is no doubt that he's dropping back in zone, but I submit to you again that the safeties are mainly responsible for keeping the likes of Tony Gonzalez under wraps.

sure ... when they make it that far.
But they're not getting open so it's working well.

I'm like many in wishing Thomas would get to blitz more,
rush the QB more ... but Bill doesn't use him that way. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes