Welcome to PatsFans.com

Zarqawi backers lay down Shariah rules

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, May 25, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +494 / 20 / -17

From a good conservative newspaper, a report describing how the rights of Iraqis are being eroded.

http://www.washtimes.com/world/20060524-104300-8042r.htm

BAGHDAD -- Imams loyal to terrorist leader Abu Musab Zarqawi have issued threats in mosques in a western Baghdad neighborhood against anyone who does not follow Islamic law, terrified residents are saying.
    "They announced their loyalty to Zarqawi and put their rules on the street," said Sabah, 31, adding that supporters of the Jordanian-born leader of al Qaeda in Iraq had killed six men for wearing knee-length shorts in another Baghdad neighborhood on Tuesday.
    "Everyone is talking about it," he said, adding that a friend of his had forbidden his brothers to go outside in shorts, despite the 106-degree weather.
    "Women must stay at home, and girls cannot go to school past primary school. People selling Iranian products will either have to throw them out or get killed," said Sabah, who asked that his last name not be used. He lives in the violent Sunni neighborhood of Amariya, where he said the threats were made.

2. Chevy

Chevy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Whenever an Immam announces his support of Zarqawi, shoot him in the head. That all the Islamic animal understands.

And make sure it's a female soldier that does it.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -9

YEAH, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ABBA GRAB PRISON?

4. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

When did you start caring about the Iraqi's?

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +494 / 20 / -17

Since when did Republicans ever care about people of color in a Muslim country? Give me a break.

The fundamental reason liberals oppose the war is that it is causing more harm than good. The war is making Iraq worse and more dangerous than it was prior to 2001.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2005
  6. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Yeah living under tyranny and having an acid bath because you lost the olympics and a pedophile who has his pick of the young girls in Baghdad. Genocide of the Kurds, killed if you spoke out against Saddam. Yup it was such a great place. Stop listening to sean penn. When it is all done they will have an islam version of Democracy and the people won't need to live in fear anymore. Look at the big picture.

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -9

Sean Penn & Clooney should take their camera crews and go over there to see if they can help these people.

I wonder if Auntie Nancy Pelosi VOMITED when she heard about this like she did when she saw the "dog leash".

This is all Bush's fault.

8. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +116 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

I am just wondering if Patters and NEM are going to follow these rules. I mean they are on his side.

9. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +116 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

For Patters and NEM is was when John Kerry lost.

10. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You have the least clever "clever comments". I don't mean general inane stuff (Harry Boy has you beat there), but when you try to get a dig at someone the joke comes out sounding so obvious that I have to ask if you're just a kid at the keyboard.

11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Iraq is not a real country any more than Yugoslavia was under Tito. You remove the despotic fascist dictator, and the "country" will fall apart back to the natural divisions. Whether it's ethnic, geographic, religious, lingual or racial, these distinctions can only be held together artificially for a limited time. When you remove the unifying force and add poverty to the pot, the result is usually some kind of traumatic upheaval and re-alignment.

How can anyone justify the continued existence of the Iraqi state and under what grounds? When you put the Kurds, Shiites and Sunni's together in a room and lock the door, what do you expect? Look at how the USSR broke up so quickly and naturally. As much as I would hate to admit it, I can see it happening here with the Spanish-speaking Southwest breaking off or rejoining Mexico. It already happened here once for different reasons, that time the union was held together by force and the lack of a true distinction between the groups.

Last edited: May 25, 2006
  12. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Good points, I think it would be interesting if Iraq was split into 3. It makes you wonder if it would make for peace or war? Think about how long it would take for Kurdistan to attack Shiitastan only to have Sunnistan sit idle until the time is right to attack both 'stan's at their weakest point and make what formerly was Iraq, Sunnistan. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2005
  13. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +116 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

Sorry my dig wasn't up to par with your "execution" joke.

14. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Don't quit your day job! :D

15. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Was I joking?

16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -9

Striesand and Madonna should go to Iraq and give a concert for the Muslims, Madonna could "rub" her crotch and Striesand could wear a Bikini and make fun of Allah...........:singing: :bricks: :singing: