Zak DeOssie

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Did any one else catch the Shriner's game last night? DeOssie's kid was all over the field. He made several Specail Teams tackles and played OLB.

He has good size at 6'4" 240, funny even the announcing crew said he would made a great Patriot.

missed it. what channel was it on?

Did any one else catch the Shriner's game last night? DeOssie's kid was all over the field. He made several Specail Teams tackles and played OLB.

He has good size at 6'4" 240, funny even the announcing crew said he would made a great Patriot.

Another guy who caught my eye was Paul Williams, a WR from Fresno State
(Pat Hill's school) who caught everything thrown his way and with the size and speed to boot.
http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cach...Williams"&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=7&lr=lang_en

for some hilights........
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=fe6ca37e9f0ad6d52c7211f7af75cf17.516953

Yeah, i was watching it (I've DVR'd all college allstar games so far, with the senior bowl coming next Saturday), he certainly has good size and good bloodlines. They said he'd make a fine 3-4 outside LB and would be perfect for the Pats (Dad played here, played college nearby, etc). I also noticed he had a little trouble getting off of blocks. I don't know where he's predicted to go, round wise, but I would love to spend a 3rd or 4th rounder on him. There was another guy who had about 3 or 4 sacks last night, a DL for the west, he was about 6'3', but 275, kinda like Jarvis Green.

He is a great kid too. I remember when he went through the school system I was working in. Hard worker, not too arrogant, etc.

Another guy who caught my eye was Paul Williams, a WR from Fresno State
(Pat Hill's school) who caught everything thrown his way and with the size and speed to boot.
http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cach...Williams"&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=7&lr=lang_en

for some hilights........
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=fe6ca37e9f0ad6d52c7211f7af75cf17.516953

I didn't like his taunting on the TD catch. He started taunting at the 10 yd line. Andre Ware said the penalty should not be assesed on the kickoff, but at the spot where he started taunting, I thought that it would be an awesome rule in the NFL and college. Certainly would cut down on those type of plays. My rule would be that if you taunted in the endzone after the TD, the TD would be nullified, and the ball would come out to the 20. I like Andre Ware as an analyst so far, very insightful and seems very comfortable on the mike and on camera.

There was a picture of BB attending a Brown game this year with Steve DeOssie (before the Denver game possibly.) Also Zak was a ball boy for the Pats. It'll be interesting to see whether BB drafts him or not.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ar...llips_andover_star_shines_at_brown/?page=full

''Coach Belichick would come to some of our games and he offered me a job as ball boy," said DeOssie. ''I did it for two years, and I was able to throw with the Patriots quarterbacks and do conditioning drills with the team. I was ball boy at practices and preseason games and also at the Super Bowl in New Orleans."

In addition, Belichick's crew filmed DeOssie's passes and then the coach discussed them with DeOssie.

''He went out of his way for me," said DeOssie, a former All-New England prep selection, ''and I will always be grateful."

Last edited:
I think he's a long snapper too. If he can play lb and be a deep-snapper, it saves a roster spot. Nothing against Lonnie Paxton. Just a point in his favor for whatever team drafts his.

I believe one can do a search on our Patsfans archives and see I predicted/advocated for Zak's selection back in September.

As a Brown grad, even with the name DeOssie, he should slip to a point where we can have him if we want him. Having seen him make some amazing plays at Brown, I'll reaffirm what I said back then... this is a player we DEFINATELY want to have on our team.

out of all the sports guys around boston i really like listening to deossie...funny that hes also one of the more objective guys...that and my boss played at BC with him so he always turns up the radio when he comes on EEI....

his son looked like a beast though even though i didnt see much. That david ball catch was fun to watch

Last edited:
I posted a similar thread on the draft board... would be an interesting prospect for the pats..

i dont like him..he doesnt seem very fast or athletic.

I recorded the game and was looking at Zak before the game. He showed up big on Special Teams, I'll need to crunch film before I grade him, but off the cuff I rate him a good prospect for early day two.

Zak would make a great Patriot. Of course, I might be biased.

I am his high school math teacher and could not believe how hard Zak worked, both on the field and in the classroom. His work ethic is simply unbelievable.

For example, at the end of his 11th grade year, he needed one more term of math to get into calculus for his senior year. I knew that Zak needed that course to have a chance of getting into an Ivy league school.

He set the goal to learn the course between his camps and being a Patriot ball-boy. For 25 straight hot days in July, we covered trig for at least two hours a day. I bet there aren't many ball boys who did math homework after tossing balls for 12 hours.

I could go on, but suffice to say, we made Zak a good-luck video in 2004 and at the end, we said, "We'll see you in Foxboro"! and we think we will.

I believe one can do a search on our Patsfans archives and see I predicted/advocated for Zak's selection back in September.

As a Brown grad, even with the name DeOssie, he should slip to a point where we can have him if we want him. Having seen him make some amazing plays at Brown, I'll reaffirm what I said back then... this is a player we DEFINATELY want to have on our team.

Don't you guys ever visit the draft forum? A thread was started about DeOssie and only one reply -- mine. I assumed no one liked the guy based on the disinterest -- but now I know different. :)

Good prospect.

Here's that thread:

Funny you should mention him, I just finished reading a very worthy article about Zak at the East-West Shrine game. He's writing a diary before and after the game -- here's his first entry: DeOssie: Shrine Game a week-long job interview

---
I hope he makes it as a developmental prospect. Let's see how he looks in the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes