Welcome to PatsFans.com

Zadroga Bill

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by chicowalker, Dec 18, 2010.

1. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +424 / 8 / -4

Kudos to Shepard Smith for nailing it on this issue. He continues to show himself to be a rare voice of reason at Fox.

Do any of the righties here agree with the pubbies' stance on this? If so, could you please explain it to me?

I would have liked to think this was something people of all parties could agree on. People throw out the word "hero" far too much, IMO, but these people are / were heroes. I'm for small government, but this was one of the legitimate roles for government.

Does anybody give a sh*t about this?

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

I do but, its just one more outrage. There have been so many its like no one pays attention anymore. These righties are Sub Human.

3. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +495 / 9 / -4

#75 Jersey

I think it is part of the GOP's brilliant re-election strategy (the re-election of Obama, that is).

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,115 / 3 / -10

I'm with you on this one, with all of the senseless sh!t those politicians squander money on this is a disgrace, we will be attacked again you can see it coming I wonder how the Rescuers of the next attack will act, I wonder what they will be thinking, politicians read the forum and for those of you who supported screwing the heros I say "May your dirty rotten scumsucking souls rot in hell, you f-cking pigs" f-ck you and your whole family of pigs.
    Harry Boy.

HOW MANY OF YOU SUPPORTED GIVING THE PEOPLES MONEY TO BUILD A PAGAN SHRINE HONORING THE DRUNKEN LYING COWARD TED KENNEDY, YOU RAT BASTARDS.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  5. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +495 / 9 / -4

#75 Jersey

This is what I was thinking. How do we expect people to go in to a situation like that in the future with no questions asked (many unknowns, high personal risk) if they can't count on the gubmint to help them out after the fact? I mean, shouldn't our response be commensurate (no questions asked)?

6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +448 / 12 / -14

If by first responders you mean the cops and firemen from NY and the surrounding area they have health care plans that take of their needs from their existing contracts. So I don't see the need for another unlimited check.

If I am covered by health insurance and something bad happens why should I get another health insurance from the Feds when I already have coverage?

I would love to have the healthcare plans that the cops and firemen in the tri state area has.

People are reacting and posturing cause the term '9-11 first responder' is being thrown areund.

7. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

Wrong they no longer have health insurance, the ones that are affected can't work so they don't have insurance.

8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +448 / 12 / -14

When you are a cop or fireman in the tri state you get healthcare for life.

9. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

Really, i don't think so it doesn't make any sense unless someone is retirement age. If i work for the state for Ten years i can leave and still get the same plan but i have to pay for it, its not free. And with your history your going to have to prove it.

10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +448 / 12 / -14

If a cop or fireman is injured in the line of duty they get lifetime pay and healthcare.

Apparently you don't know many cops of firemen. My neighbor was a first responder with the Port Authority Police.

BTW the average givern to 9-11 widowed families so far from private donations is >1,000,000. Plus the pensions from their husbands contracts and money from the Feds. How much is enough. Wanna guess how much the widow of a soldier KIA is?

11. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I still can't believe you're for small government. :eek:

Anyone see Rescue Me last season? There was an arc about a NYFF that was dying from cancer from clean up at GZ. Fictitious but, obviously based in fact and quite poignant handled in the Rescue Me way.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +894 / 7 / -3

So what is this bill supposed to do exactly, and why does it cost somewhere near $10 billion? I'm all for helping these people, but there must be something to it that some people don't like.

13. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +424 / 8 / -4

That's what I'd like to hear -- what is their rationale.

13 claims all their healthcare is covered, but from what I've heard (i) like many people, they get stuck fighting the insurance cos over their coverage and (ii) like many people the coverage isn't 100%, which can add up when you have a serious illness.

14. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +424 / 8 / -4

What you choose to believe is irrelevant. :eek:

Thanks for your thoughtful contribution on this matter, though. Are you a republican senator?

15. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

There ought to be a law, with jail time as the punishment. It seems whenever there is a bill, hearing, speech, etc. which has good intentions with a balance of more good then evil, it gets hi-jacked with fallacies and outright lies which then is communicated as gospel. Can I have a WTF!

16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +448 / 12 / -14

Links for your claims?

I know cops and firefighters in the tri state area their coverage is gold plated.

17. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +424 / 8 / -4

Were they at ground zero and are they receiving treatment?

No links. This is just what some acquaintances who are in favor of the bill were saying is the issue even for those who are supposed to be have insurance. I don't know who is correct.

18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +813 / 26 / -33

This is not just for first responders, but for people who were exposed to the dust and inhalants when the towers fell, along with the people experiencing post traumatic stress disorder... many left their jobs after this event as well and they no longer have coverage...

Some workers have no coverage because they have lost their jobs –and their health insurance – .

In addition to the health care money, the legislation would set aide $4.2 billion to compensate people who lost their jobs or suffered other economic problems because of illnesses caused by the terror attacks.

It can be paid for quite easily by trimming the out of control spending in the Department of Defense or by stopping these idiotic wars.. if we got out of Afghanistan we could pay this bill in 6 months..

We have reached a new low when it is a Xmas miracle that first responders to 9-11 get the medical care they need. The system is so far broken, the propaganda so effective (tea baggers a perfect example of people voting against their own interests in so many cases. I can only imagine due to the effectiven*ess of Repug lies). That heroes and victims have to fight for the medical care they are entitled. The greed this is a symptom of, and self interests that are so prevalent and destroying America and its basic value system.

I am wondering if America is like an alcoholic that needs to hit rock bottom before we will make the decisions in this country that will benefit all not just the corporatists and bankers When will we realize as Americans we are only as strong as are weakest link. When we will not care for those who have sacrificed for us, we are not America anymore...*.the foundation is crumbling beneath our feet. We are desperatel*y in need of an inpatient intervention.

19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +448 / 12 / -14

Thanks nothing to indicate that police and firemen with great healthcare plans aren't being serviced by those plans.

As I said in a previous post this is just political grandstanding using our money.

20. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +424 / 8 / -4

I've actually provided exactly as much as you have -- only difference is that I'm not claiming it to be fact, while you are doing so.

You didn't answer my question about your friends, either. Why is that?

Now, if you'recorrect, this isnt simply political grandstanding -- it also means these first responders and their reps are liars. Do you have anything to support your claims? To demonstrate that they are in fact liars?