PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zach Thomas to Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone in the NFL is now very conscious of the long-term, negative effects of concussions. Given what happened to him last year, one hit on the head and Thomas could see considerable down time. I'm glad that he signed with Dallas.

Does anyone really care?

http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/23/zach-goes-home/

Cheaper than I expected.

I am really happy to hear this ....for Zach.....AND for us........I did not think the Pats would go after Zach that hard........We are trying to get younger at this position.....and let's be honest......he is one hit helmet to helmet of being out next year.........The way this guy plays which is balls to the wall on every play......I for one don't see him being in the league much longer...with his history of concussions and resulting migraines........Glad he got the payday......even more happy that the Pats aren't the one tying up the money in him....GO PATS!

Re: Zach Thomas to Cowboys.

Better he gets his next concussion on Wade's watch. Jason Cole was saying the other day that while he believed if healthy he could still play some, he's had over 15 concussions in his football career and this last non football one was a doozie. He said he was hoping he would walk away and call it a day.

We probably offered him a slightly different deal with less signing bonus, workout and roster bonus language and playing time incentives. And that would have likely entailed taking part in the off season workout program and spring camps to gauge his effectiveness. A lot easier to to in his home state.
this is the main point......many, many, many concussions over his career......some on here seem to think he only had ONE and it was from a car accident.......

Also how was Thomas at 228 going to take on 300+ lb guards? Unless Wilfork was expected to take on 3 blockers next year.

Re: Zach Thomas to Cowboys.

Better he gets his next concussion on Wade's watch. Jason Cole was saying the other day that while he believed if healthy he could still play some, he's had over 15 concussions in his football career and this last non football one was a doozie. He said he was hoping he would walk away and call it a day.

We probably offered him a slightly different deal with less signing bonus, workout and roster bonus language and playing time incentives. And that would have likely entailed taking part in the off season workout program and spring camps to gauge his effectiveness. A lot easier to to in his home state.

Over 15 concussions?? Are you sure he said that many?

BTW, who's Jason Cole?

I did not think the Pats would go after Zach that hard........We are trying to get younger at this position.

Are we trying to get younger at LB?

I know many of us would like to see the Pats get younger at LB but their actions in recent years have not shown that they are trying to do that at all. They went hard enough after Thomas to make an offer. That certainly wasn't trying to get younger.

Jason Cole is the long time writer for the Miami Herald that covers the Phins

Greetings,

After examaning our LB core signing Thomas would not have been the best thing to do. He still has game in him but we do need to get younger at that position. Had this been 3 years ago I would have been ecstatic to have him on our ballclub because he caused havoc all over the field for Miami. If there was any aging defender from the Dolphins to sign it would be J Taylor because he is one of the best D players in the NFL regardless of position.
Shalom,
Celticboy04

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill