pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10423349/rss

Dolphins' Thomas in car accident after game; car wrecked
Oct. 21, 2007
CBSSports.com wire reports
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] MIAMI -- To cap another dismal day for the winless Miami Dolphins, middle linebacker Zach Thomas wrecked his vehicle on the way home from the latest loss. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Thomas' vehicle was damaged when rear-ended on the Florida Turnpike, but he and his wife were unhurt, the team said. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] That was the best news of the day for the Dolphins, who were beaten 49-28 by the New England Patriots. Miami fell to 0-7 and lost running back Ronnie Brown and two safeties to injuries. [/FONT]

Re: Zach Thomas crashes car after game

We're hearing it may be an ACL for Ronnie, a setback of monumental proportions if true.

In Miami, when it rains, it pours.

Wow that sucks for Thomas. Good thing no one was hurt.

We're hearing it may be an ACL for Ronnie, a setback of monumental proportions if true.

Jeez, I was hoping that it wasn't serious. When I saw it on replay I didn't see anyone near him.
I hope it's not to serious.

Last edited:

Do you consider it crashing your car if you're rear ended? Just sayin...

Jeez, I was hoping that it wasn't serious. When I saw it on replay I didn't see anyone near him.

Ya, he just seemed to go down on it awkwardly trying to play D.

He planted and lost his footing on the surface. I read that he was having a lot of trouble getting around in the locker room after the game and left with a cast and crutches. One of the few bright spots for the Dolphins this year has his career in jeopardy. :( (But by far our biggest bright spot.)

Hopefully it's just a sprain, but the way the past 4 years have gone, it wouldn't suprise me if it was a tear.

Great news that Zach is OK.

This is the nadir for the Dolphins. The Pats went through it in the late 80's/early 90's - an aging defense, lack of talent on offense, an overmatched coach, a bumbling owner - but get a real coach and give him 3 years and you can be contenders again.

Glad Thomas is ok. Hope Brown isn't as serious as initially reported, or Hill for that matter.

Really sorry to see that, he's a fine back.

You guys need a ground up, anyway so he should be given time. Lemon might be an NFL quarterback, he looked pretty good.

Let's hope its not a torn ACL. He's looked like the real deal.

Really sorry to see that, he's a fine back.

You guys need a ground up, anyway so he should be given time. Lemon might be an NFL quarterback, he looked pretty good.

We must've watched a different game. I saw Ted Ginn open ALL day and Cleo was inable to connect with him on numerous occasions whether it was inaccurate throws or indecisiveness, he didn't get Ted the ball. He holds on to the ball too long and isn't very good at finding the hot receiver. He would be a very servicable back, but if Beck was named the starter tomorrow it wouldn't be soon enough.

Glad Thomas is ok. Sorry to hear about Brown (plus he's on my fantasy team!)

Lemon looked kind of slippery out there. He may be able to do something for you down the line.

Let's hope its not a torn ACL. He's looked like the real deal.

He really has, if it's a serious injury the Fins might end up with Darren McFadden. As good as McFadden has been, I'd hate to lose a proven commodity.

Aqua, how much of Brown's success was due to the OL? do you think Chatman or Cobbs will be able to come close to replicating his production?

I wish ZT well.
I hope he wasn't driving po'd about the game.
Not to be a wiseguy.

even if ronnie brown is not hurt... maybe he should sit the whole season out, he would be fighting a losing cause....

Aqua, how much of Brown's success was due to the OL? do you think Chatman or Cobbs will be able to come close to replicating his production?

Ronnie Brown is light years better then every back on the Dolphins roster combined. Samson Satele, Vernon Carey and Rex Hadnot have been awesome this year, but Ronnie has shown outstanding vision, power and quickness. Hopefully we see our 3rd round pick Lorenzo Booker for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes