PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zach Sudfeld

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Bench Press was all it took to be a good blocker, OL Mitch Petrus (45 reps) would be on a roster. Its just as much about base strength, core, technique, etc. as it is raw upper body strength.

Now I won't suggest that Zach Sudfeld is a good blocker. I have no idea at this point. But he won't be blocking any linebackers or edge rushers shaped like barbells while lying on his back, so lets wait and see.

There's a good interview on YouTube where Sudfeld talks about blocking. He said the teams TE's were told they were not allowed on the field unless they can block. I'm sure he's a pretty good blocker.

If Sudfeld can add a little strength, the Pats will be fine at TE this year despite all the crap with Hernandez and Gronkowski.

I do not agree.

Check out Brady's passer #'s W/O Gronk. He goes from a 107 QB rating to an 87. Comp %, TD %, YPC all go down by 10%.

Losing AH also strips away a receiver that Brady is comfortable throwing the ball to (who IMO with WW leaving, the team was counting on having a huge year).

So you now have Hooman who is at best below average, and unimpressive Fells, and question marks in Ballard and Sudfeld.

The TE position in tenuous at best.

I do not agree.

Check out Brady's passer #'s W/O Gronk. He goes from a 107 QB rating to an 87. Comp %, TD %, YPC all go down by 10%.

That's because when they lost GRONK, they didn't have anyone with GRONK-like skills who could replace him, AND they didn't have any deep threats last year.

Yes, there are tons of question marks, but they at least have players who can potentially fill in the gap if GRONK is missing to start the year. [And, BTW, Ballard had a better YPC than GRONK in 2011!]

Where has it been spoken or written that AH is going to miss any of camp?

You are right. He will be at camp. He will start in the preseason.

Do you doubt that Goodell will suspend him when he can? He has been tried and found guilty in the media and Goodell is media driven.

You are right. He will be at camp. He will start in the preseason.

Do you doubt that Goodell will suspend him when he can? He has been tried and found guilty in the media and Goodell is media driven.

Three questions:

Are you asking me this in the context of when I wrote that?

Is your first sentence sarcasm?

Are you asking me my opinion of the current situation and what impact it will have on AH being on the team ready to go week one?

Zach sounds like a class act. I highly doubt that he has AHern's baggage.

I hope that he makes the team and has a very successful career here.

Ben Ford looks like he could be a TE too. Very talented. Led Clemson in receiving. So with Gronk and AHern out for a while (maybe more for AHern), we have Ballard, Hooman, Fells, Sudfeld and Ford. Plenty of options to hold the fort until Gronk is healthy. Plus if Mark Harrison has a good camp, maybe he makes the team and can play the BIG receiver role AHern plays. I am very excited about Sudfeld though, I hope he has a great camp and gives us another big bodied target in the redzone with Ballard and eventually Gronk.

Ben Ford looks like he could be a TE too. Very talented. Led Clemson in receiving. So with Gronk and AHern out for a while (maybe more for AHern), we have Ballard, Hooman, Fells, Sudfeld and Ford. Plenty of options to hold the fort until Gronk is healthy. Plus if Mark Harrison has a good camp, maybe he makes the team and can play the BIG receiver role AHern plays. I am very excited about Sudfeld though, I hope he has a great camp and gives us another big bodied target in the redzone with Ballard and eventually Gronk.

And don't forget Edelperson's ability to make people miss in the open field, either.

And don't forget Edelperson's ability to make people miss in the open field, either.

Love Edelman's shiftyness, a great punt returner and excellent on bubble screens and end arounds. IF he stays healthy, he will be a major part of the offense along with Amendola.

In any event, it's time to stop screwing around reading the police blotter. Get this Sudfeld dude to the weight room and put some muscles on him. The way things are going, it looks like we'll need all the help we can get.

Sudfield looks like he could be a sleeper. Like his size and blocking capabilities. Nice big target if he can get in synch with Brady. Pats will have a decent TE group with Ballard and eventually Gronk. Ahern is the biggest ?????? now.

With Leon Washington signed for RB/ST return work, who would he replace?

I've always been a Leon fan. Hope he makes the final 53.
:rocker:

Sudfield looks like he could be a sleeper. Like his size and blocking capabilities. Nice big target if he can get in synch with Brady. Pats will have a decent TE group with Ballard and eventually Gronk. Ahern is the biggest ?????? now.

With Leon Washington signed for RB/ST return work, who would he replace?

I've always been a Leon fan. Hope he makes the final 53.
:rocker:

I would be surprised if he didn't but you never know.

Right, time to move on from you know who, he's not our concern any more.

Sudfeld has blown up the camps so far, let's see if he can really take off later on in the summer.

Hopefully he can stay healthy.

If you'd like to send Zach fan mail, please address it to:

Zach Sudfeld
The Man in the Right Place at the Right Time
One Patriot Place
Foxboro, MA 02035
(508) 543-8200

Let's go Sudz!

Woooooooooooo!!!

:eat2:

That's because when they lost GRONK, they didn't have anyone with GRONK-like skills who could replace him, AND they didn't have any deep threats last year.

Yes, there are tons of question marks, but they at least have players who can potentially fill in the gap if GRONK is missing to start the year. [And, BTW, Ballard had a better YPC than GRONK in 2011!]

I don't understand what point you are trying to make here.

Gronk is a special player and because of his ability and impact on the offense, they are not as good without him- and neither is Brady.

The Ballard YPC is a singular stat you are taking completely out of context. Are you are implying that Ballard is a more down the field threat or better after the catch than Gronk?

Agreed.

I think that we will keep 4 TE's until Gronk is healthy, and perhaps even after that. As you say, Sudfield would need to beat out Fells and Hooman. I find that unlikely.

The situations for both Daniel Fells and Michael Hooman will likely come into play when trying to assess a potential spot for Zach Sudfeld this summer.

One thing to consider is the complexity of the offense, so his ability to learn the playbook and know his assignments/responsibilities will carry him a long way if he's able to prove himself in that aspect.

Initially I assumed that Sudfeld would be a good candidate for a practice squad position, but he's been getting more hype and attention lately.

I'm not ready to consider it "likely" that Suds replaces Fells and/or HooHah, but both of those 2 guys
are eminently replaceable, be it by Suds, or Dallas Clark, David Thomas or whomever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back