PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zach Sudfeld released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or it may simply be that this was the plan all along: keep the kid on the 53 until Gronk was ready, and then hope to get him through to the PS. It may have nothing to do with his performance thus far. From what we know, he may be outperforming the coach's expectations.

I'm pretty sure from having followed this coaching staff for a few years now, the plays that are highly visible to us (like the onside kick, and a few pass plays) are just a small portion of the evaluation being made of his play thus far.

I think that Belichick did absolutely great with the UDFAs. But there were a lot who were hyped in camp. 7 made the team. Plus there are guys like Winn, Sims, Grissom, Harrison and Moe who didn't make the 53..

The greatest hype coming out of the preseason was for KT, Sudfeld and Vellano.

We were pretty wrong on giving Sudfeld such hype. But, as many have said, it is not a biggie when an UDFA doesn't work out.

Moe went on IR early and Harrison is NFI.

I was surprised he wasn't cut on Monday for that muffed onside kick. That was the straw that broke the camel's back, IMO. Hoepfully they can get him on the practice squad (if that's even what they want at this point) and he can regain some of that confidence/ability he showed in preseason.

I don't think the on-side kick had anything to do with it, or at least very little to do with it. It took a funny hop, a lot of players wouldn't have made that play.

Then again, what do I know? BB don't tell me nuthin' :D

I think the PS is the perfect place for him.

Let him put on some more bulk and give him time to learn.

I really hope he gets there.

Deleted post; didn't see the "Jest claim Dudfeld" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes