PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zach Sudfeld released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still don't get why there is so much hatred for an UDFA who didn't live up to expectations that many first rounders live up to. This kid was a victim of being too good in the preseason.
Don't you understand that players who don't work out or develop as fans would like them to are a personal affront to them?

no one is putting in a claim for sudfeld

Still don't get why there is so much hatred for an UDFA who didn't live up to expectations that many first rounders don't live up to. This kid was a victim of being too good in the preseason.

Because everyone is either bound for Canton or absolutely useless. There is no middle ground.

Atleast two out of three of the Udfas that received hype in training camp ended up validating it so far.

KT-obvious
Allen-so far, so good punting and holding
Sudfeld-fail

Atleast two out of three of the Udfas that received hype in training camp ended up validating it so far.

KT-obvious
Sudfeld-fail

Let's not forget Joe Vellano stepped up big time last week.

Still don't get why there is so much hatred for an UDFA who didn't live up to expectations that many first rounders don't live up to. This kid was a victim of being too good in the preseason.

On the upside, we know now that Gronk is ready to play.

Buh bye Sudfeld, we hardly knew ye...

The writing was on the wall Sudfeld cannot block he doesn't get any separation and he's skinny as rail for a TE. He should make it to our PS if they are interested.

On the upside, we know now that Gronk is ready to play.

Maybe. Sudfeld had been pretty much a glorified WR any way, so I'm not sure how much it means for Gronk.

I think that Belichick did absolutely great with the UDFAs. But there were a lot who were hyped in camp. 7 made the team. Plus there are guys like Winn, Sims, Grissom, Harrison and Moe who didn't make the 53..

The greatest hype coming out of the preseason was for KT, Sudfeld and Vellano.

We were pretty wrong on giving Sudfeld such hype. But, as many have said, it is not a biggie when an UDFA doesn't work out.

KT-obvious
Sudfeld-fail

not good that mulligan beat him out for a roster spot. if he makes the PS, hopefully he can improve there and maybe later, show off his potential that we saw during the preseason

Mulligan, apparently, knows how to catch the ball.

Yeah until he takes his first big hit...then its game over for Collie.....I would have preferred that they dump someone off PS and move him there....kid has tons of potential to be gronk-like....he was a beast in preseason...I think he will get snatched up....oh well...best of luck

Collie takes Sudfeld's place as a receiving target.

I'm not ready to assume this means Gronk is going to be active.

We've already seen a shift towards more 3-WR formations and fewer 2-TE sets.

When Vince officially goes on IR another DT will be signed.

Don't you understand that players who don't work out or develop as fans would like them to are a personal affront to them?

I work in the entertainment industry. I was having a bad time of it at one point when a lawyer friend said to me, "Don't you realize that half the reason you get paid is because you give miserable people a reason to complain?"

That's been my attitude since. A guy on a message board throwing pejoratives at a guy who made it to the highest level in his field is not impressive.

I was happy when they signed him, I had heard of him coming out of college and seen some tape, IIRC. In fact I may have originated the term Studfeld, although maybe not, and maybe it's such an obvious nickname that I can't take credit.

I feel partly responsible for this.

This has nothing to do with Brady. He just looks overwhelmed out there, IMO. I thought the kid had potential, he looked good in preseason. But when the real bullets started to fly, he struggled. That muffed onside kick didn't help either.

I was surprised he wasn't cut on Monday for that muffed onside kick. That was the straw that broke the camel's back, IMO. Hoepfully they can get him on the practice squad (if that's even what they want at this point) and he can regain some of that confidence/ability he showed in preseason.

Is it 24 hours that other teams have to sign him? If not, he goes to our PS, right?

Is it 24 hours that other teams have to sign him? If not, he goes to our PS, right?

Not quite.
The Pats (and he) have to both decide that that's what they want.

Argh, hopefully this means Gronk will be back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes