PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zach Sudfeld released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called it...Studfeld to Dudfeld

Florio's picking the Bengals to beat us.

Florio is just another gas bag attorney who couldn't read a jury so he turned to prognosticating and blathering at Pro Football Talk about the NFL. Florio woke up this morning and saw that Vegas has the Bengals +1.5 and took the line of least resistance. Fear not, Ladies and Gentlemen.

http://press.nbcsports.com/bios/mike-florio.html

I don't see any reason why he wouldn't make it to the PS: he's shown nothing that indicates that he belongs in the NFL to this point, and plenty to indicate that he doesn't.

That said, all that I care about is what this means for Gronk. I doubt they'd be releasing Sudfeld if they didn't have another TE good to go, and it seems to me that Gronk is the logical candidate to be that guy.

- (Sudfeld and Wilfork) + Collie leaves an open slot, right?
Forston, Francis, nobody, other?

I would be willing to bet that it's one of the two guys you mentioned. They need a DT, we just don't know who it will be. The media seems to think Forston.

That was fun while it lasted. Shame he didn't get a reception though. Can't see him being picked up to be honest.

No one is picking up a TE with 4 games in action and all 00000000s...rookie or not,that won't cut it,not even for a horrid team like the Jags

Brady has targeted Sudfeld twice this season.

Brady has thrown two interceptions this season.

Sudfeld was unable to secure on easy onside kick.

Sudfeld: three targets, three turnovers. I know he's a developing rookie, but enough is enough. The game is clearly too big for him.

Bang on....

Sudfeld: three targets, three turnovers. I know he's a developing rookie, but enough is enough. The game is clearly too big for him.

To paraphrase BB: I've seen enough of #44.

I think I read that Vince did go on IR today.

Have they? I figured BB would wait until late Saturday to announce then promote from whoever from PS. No sense giving Bengals an idea of who to prepare for. It's an advantage, no matter how minuscule, and you know BB loves those.

not good that mulligan beat him out for a roster spot. if he makes the PS, hopefully he can improve there and maybe later, show off his potential that we saw during the preseason

I dont think he is going to make it to the practice squad......If he does ..it would be a miracle....btw ..this is a sign....Gronk is playing.....!!!

Actually on the one in the end zone against Tampa, Brady was targeting Dobson not Sudfeld.

It hasn't been pretty (though it is only two turnovers on Suds' part, not three) but if this release were solely about those factors it would have happened Tuesday. Zach would most likely still be around if it weren't for the WR injuries.

I would be willing to bet that it's one of the two guys you mentioned. They need a DT, we just don't know who it will be. The media seems to think Forston.

Ya my gut says Forston.

Although I wonder if bringing Francis up and giving him some reps next to Vellano who he played next to these last couple of years might bring that little something extra out of both. Two friends playing next to each other, pushing each other.

The kid was in a position to make plays but he didn't. It must be thought but you gotta make those play if you want to stay in the team, hope the best for him.

Have they? I figured BB would wait until late Saturday to announce then promote from whoever from PS. No sense giving Bengals an idea of who to prepare for. It's an advantage, no matter how minuscule, and you know BB loves those.

Yes.

From ESPN.COM:

The Patriots have placed nose tackle Vince Wilfork on injured reserve, officially ending his 2013 season.
Wilfork, who tore his Achilles on Sunday night during a Week 4 matchup with the Falcons, underwent surgery Tuesday.

A first-round pick of the Patriots back in 2004, Wilfork has been a critical cog in the team's defense, setting the foundation for their run defense and also contributing as a pass rusher. A 2012 first team All Pro, Wilfork has missed just six games during the course of his career.

The Patriots will now have to pick up the pieces in his absence, relying heavily on both veteran Tommy Kelly and a pair of rookies in Joe Vellano and Chris Jones.

Vellano was signed as an undrafted free agent this offseason and recorded his first career sack in Week 4. Jones, meanwhile, was drafted in the sixth round by the Texans out of Bowling Green but was waived by both Houston and Tampa Bay before being claimed by the Patriots.

The team may also opt to promote a defensive tackle from the practice squad, as they have two -- Marcus Forston and A.J. Francis -- available.

The Patriots travel to Cincinnati to play the Bengals this Sunday.

Gronk!!

10 char

To be fair, that onside kick wasn't "easy". But it is something he should have caught.

I know Sudfeld has struggled a lot, but I still think this is a bad move. Wasn't Sudfeld injured prior to the last preseason game, then got re injured week 1 of the regular season ? The guy was obviously trying to play injured. You don't go from stud to dud in 3 weeks. The guy has so much potential, great size, sure he didn't show the hands he showed in the preseason, but hell, neither did Thompkins in week 2 against the Jets (he looked terrible), we didn't cut him (thank goodness). I really think this comes back to haunt us like Woodhead did to the Jets. I bet the Jets will be all over Sudfeld. Makes no sense. Throwing away a very good prospect. Especially since we have no TEs as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes