PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zach Sudfeld had a solid game vs NO (I wish he was still NE's #2 TE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember him kicking ass in special teams. I think he won one a game ball for his work this year even.

Patrick Chung had his first pass defensed of the year on Sunday. Wish they kept him, especially now that Gregory is injured.

Really? Because he sure looked like he belonged on the Jets. Good routes, good hands, good speed. He didn't look out of place at any point during that game that I saw. I can't vouch completely for his blocking but I don't recall him getting called out. Sudfeld played Sunday like he did here in preseason when everyone was breathing heavy over his 'potential.'

He caught 2 of 4 balls thrown at him. Why are people acting like he did something noteworthy? He did what he was supposed to do, and exactly nothing more than that.

Patrick Chung had his first pass defensed of the year on Sunday. Wish they kept him, especially now that Gregory is injured.

Why? So we can see more of this?

--------------------------- <--- Endzone

^ WR

^ Chung

Why? So we can see more of this?

--------------------------- <--- Endzone

^ WR

^ Chung
I was completely joking. I wanted to throw Chung a going away party when FA started.

I was completely joking. I wanted to throw Chung a going away party when FA started.

If you threw Chung a going away party, someone else would probably catch it and take over the goal line for a back breaking touchdown.

I fail to see how trying to put a clearly not NFL-caliber TE on the Practice Squad only to have him vultured by an inferior team is giving up too fast.

My Dad, who wasn’t the most inspiring of people, had a saying: “if you’re a one trick pony and your trick sucks then good luck in your next life as adhesive.”

He simply wasn’t enough of a dynamic playmaker to justify keeping him.

He caught 2 of 4 balls thrown at him. Why are people acting like he did something noteworthy? He did what he was supposed to do, and exactly nothing more than that.

I didn't say he did anything more noteworthy than appear as if he belonged on the field in an NFL game. As for the poster that said he can't block - OK, I can't say I saw him plow anyone. But adequate blocking skills can be learned, speed cannot. And Sudfeld could run a 40 faster backward than HooMan forward. I not saying we f'ed up cutting Sudfeld and that we simply must have him back or anything like that. His abilities still intrigue me and seeing him catch a couple for the Jests piqued my interest again.

4 targets 2 rec 46 yards

Nothing major, but I was watching him play and he really looked good running routes. If he had a better QB throwing him passes (like, um, TFB), I think you'd really have a nice #2 TE by year's end. I really think the Pats got rid of this kid too early. I know his first two games sucked in NE, but you cannot expect much from an un-drafted rookie so early.

He could be used, too; now the the Pats are limiting Gronk's reps. It would be really nice to plug in a moderate receiving threat like Sudfeld. Hoo-man doesn't even get covered when he runs a route.

he's ok but not better than hooamanui:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back