PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your Top 3 Keys to the Game tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I'm sure folks have said these things in any number of different threads, but I felt like it would be worthwhile to have a dedicated discussion to the Patriots keys to victory tonight - limiting everyone to just 3 "Keys"

As I see them:

1.) The obvious: Run the Ball - we all know how Indy does against the run - 'nuff said

2.) Time of Posession: Although we all talk about pressuring Manning on D, that's always been easier said than done. In this case the best Defense is a good Offense. Keep the ball out of Manning's hands - and in Brady and Dillaroney's.

3.) Play Action: Those who have expressed concern about the lack of play action plays called thus far this season will likely be satisfied tonight. With Indy expecting the run so much, play action should be more effective than usual. This is a great way to open the receiving game and I expect that play action will result in some big gains in the air.

1. Run The Ball
2. Stop The Pass
3. Do Not Let Up Big Plays

Run the Ball
Don't turn the ball over
Put pressure on Manning

I think there is only one big key.

Win the turnover battle...

Mannings perceived ability to make big plays against the Patriots is based solely on one game last year against a DB corps that made chaos look orderly.

Addai wont be able to run on us.

The only thing I can really see hurting us is sloppy turnovers that give the Colts a short field.

NM

Run the ball well
Put Manning on his butt-even if not sacks, knock-downs will soften him up
Special teams

1) Make Peyton shrug his shoulders
2) Dirty up Peyton's uniform
3) Dirty up Peyton's receiver's uniforms

Run the ball using both Maroney and Dillon, keep their defense on the field and get them tired.

Get pressure on Manning, send Colvin and Banta-Cain early and often on blitz, the less time Manning has to throw, the better.

Keep the safeties deep to prevent the big plays, and make sure you spy Addai for catches out of the backfield.

USE WATSON AND GABRIEL!!! The Colts secondary is depleted and full of midgets, there's no way anyone is going to be able to stop the Pats top two recievers.

Don't get into a run and gun game with the Colts, slow things down, and the game should be ours...

GO PATS!!!!

NEM said:
Throw the ball first. No huddle offense. (Surprise, surprise :D)

Attempt to score early, and often.

Then combine a running game with a passing game to control their game plans.

Do what they dont expect us to do. They expect us to come out running, I would do the opposite.

I am not suggesting the running game, but once we loosen them up a little, it will flow much smoother.

Just because a team has an
alleged, weak run defense, does not mean that they cant rise to the occasion, on occasion... :D We need to cross them up.

On any given Sunday,as they say.

And, might be a slow track too, for the running game.

Don't worry NEM, we know what you're thinking!

No huddle...crossing patterns...play action...crossing patterns...no huddle...Weis sucks...no huddle...crossing patterns....play action...McDaniels sucks...crossing patterns...no huddle...play action...

:D

NEM said:
Throw the ball first. No huddle offense. (Surprise, surprise :D)

Attempt to score early, and often.

Then combine a running game with a passing game to control their game plans.

Do what they dont expect us to do. They expect us to come out running, I would do the opposite.

I am not suggesting the running game, but once we loosen them up a little, it will flow much smoother.

Just because a team has an
alleged, weak run defense, does not mean that they cant rise to the occasion, on occasion... :D We need to cross them up.

On any given Sunday,as they say.

And, might be a slow track too, for the running game.

Have to say I agree, somehow do not see a complete run offense tonite, maybe we will use a healthy dose of the short possession type pass. Have to believe whatever we suspect they will do, there will be something different thrown into the mix. No matter what I believe they will win this game..

I did't see this thread when I started the Big Vince being a key thread.

If the mods want to merge that one into this one-fine. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye