PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your surprise cut prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
pats1 said:
You better slip on some type of protection while you still can. I can already hear PATSNUTme lurking around the corner...

(That did NOT come off right...:D )

Doh!
or should I say, eewww!

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless he does well in the preseason games, my 'surprise' cut will be TBC. TBC's time is now because otherwise Mincey will take his slot.

Months ago I suggested the possibility that Faulk will go because on top of being a fumbler, $2.5 is an awful lot to pay a what amounts to a third string back getting maybe 10 touches per games max. However, I figure he'd be traded, never just cut outright since many teams would be interested in him. Pass and Evans combined cost the Pats less than half of Faulk's price. Maybe Kevin will be leaned on to rewrite his contract??

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Unless he does well in the preseason games, my 'surprise' cut will be TBC. TBC's time is now because otherwise Mincey will take his slot.

Months ago I suggested the possibility that Faulk will go because on top of being a fumbler, $2.5 is an awful lot to pay a what amounts to a third string back getting maybe 10 touches per games max. However, I figure he'd be traded, never just cut outright since many teams would be interested in him. Pass and Evans combined cost the Pats less than half of Faulk's price. Maybe Kevin will be leaned on to rewrite his contract??

Faulk is an integral part of this offense. Not only that, but he's gotten great reviews in camp.

My surprise cut would be Izzo. I think he's lost a step or two.

Pardon if this was already mentioned, but isn't Pass still PUP eligible? If he doesn't get healthy in time for the season, your choices are cut/injury settlement or in-season PUP. I'd definitely opt for the latter...a versatile back who knows the offense would be a nice insurance policy. So this could be one rare case where a player stands a better chance of sticking with the team the longer he stays injured.

Hill is the guy I think will be cut, along with Warfield and Klecko

as far as a surprise cut.... Don Davis, I think Gardener (sic) can take his spot.

14thDragon said:
Hill is the guy I think will be cut, along with Warfield and Klecko

I think Scott is more likely to be cut than Warfield.

JackBauer said:
I think Scott is more likely to be cut than Warfield.

I don't know. Belichick has been raving about Scott and hasn't said boo about Warfield.

mdhprime said:
I don't know. Belichick has been raving about Scott and hasn't said boo about Warfield.

That's true, but Warfield is younger, more durable, and IMO, a better overall player.

Pass has to get off the PUP before he's cut. Until that happens, he doesn't even count as a roster spot.

My surprise cut candidates are:

TBC
Marquis Hill
Warfield
Don Davis
Gostkowski

Guys like Tebucky, Sullivan and Klecko are firmly on the bubble. If they get cut, it will be no susprise.

JackBauer said:
That's true, but Warfield is younger, more durable, and IMO, a better overall player.

if hes a better player why is he blowing in camp and not even moving up a little on depth? Hes doing horrible last i heard..Scott got praise many times.Warfield nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey